Loader Beam

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    With the new crafting system two things got in my head.

1: We should be able to set input and output from plex storages.
    2: One way to transfer items from one ship to another, this is where the suggestion start.

Need to ad a kind of loader gun to the game, there it will have to functions, one is load from target plex storage in one ship or station to the ship/station that is shooting the gun. And the other is unload to a target. i will explain

Example, ship to station

Unload

Player is on the ship and want to load the factories on the station with the ores he got in the ship. He use the loader beam to target at the plex storage or the whole station ( depend on the way this is implemented ) and at every tick one of each item is transferred to the station storage.

Load

Is basically the same, but will pull out the items from the station to the ship storage.

How to set this system.

We need a Loader Computer, one plex storage to transfer 1 item/slot per tick, to transfer more itens per tick would be need loader enhancers. For more storage space use more plex storages all linked to the computer.

I Hope you all can at least understand me. (bad english)

Reactions: Krazykat

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    we first need to be able to link plex storages to things. then we can start talking about transferring goods between things.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think this loader gun should be called "cargo-transfer beam" or just "transporter beam" and also be usable to load/unload into cargo boxes.

It should have something like 10 range per default (very fast), 200 with beam-slave (equal to drain/supply beams) but then transport slower.

That would allow both: Ship-ship transfers and docked cargo boxes (a ship with 4 plex stores (RP) or 24 (power-cube version) ) for RP purposes.
    Default settings matter, as it is a general build guide!!

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think this loader gun should be called "cargo-transfer beam" or just "transporter beam" and also be usable to load/unload into cargo boxes.
    We should avoid the term "transporter" to avoid unnecessary entanglements with a certain near-half-century Sci-Fi franchise. "Transference" is equally space-ey without the antanglement. Or we could go the military route and make a cute acronym name. Such as CAT beam (Compact and Transfer) in honor of Schema.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I like ("cargo" and transfer) => CAT :)

As long as you don't call it E-Cat :D