LISA AI

Reaction score
    Concept for a new AI module, the Logistics Intuitive Support Assistant (LISA) Module. This AI module would be responsibe for auto-targeting and controlling Astro-Technician and Powersupply beams on fixed platforms or in Logistic vessels. This module would enable the creation of automated repair stations, and open up new possibilities for these other modules that as of now are pretty marginalized. I suggest the entirely new AI unit for these tasks simply to prevent issues with programming and buggy AI behavior, plus I came up with a damn good acronym :) LISA AI settings would include turret or ship, and target: faction, friendly, or everyone.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I really like it friend! I wish you luck and hope that this may be added some day soon :)

Reaction score
    A new AI block would be somewhat great as then we wouldn\'t have to have to mess with lengthy settings if we don\'t have to. +1

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    No, a block like this wouldn\'t be nearly enough of an upgrade, and it\'s introduction would stall further developments significantly. Bottom line, I do support the idea of Ai enhancements, but if it\'s to be done, it\'s to be done properly.

Reaction score
    I don\'t understand LupoCani\'s problem, but this sounds like a great idea, after all, in sci-fi AI\'s are specialized for a task.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    instead of a new block they should just add the functionallity of astrotech computers to the turret ai much like how they can now use missiles they should be able to sense damaged blocks on a ship within their range and begin repairing

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Who wouldn\'t want a new AI that can help repair, power things? It\'s a good idea that I will look forward to. +1

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A bit early for additions like this but a good idea all the same and I hope it gets into the game at some point! Maybe a rather basic AI system though as if it was too good I think it might be rather OP, imagine fleets of undockable repair ships just constantly flying sround everyone after a battle; kinda takes away the point of hull damage.

Reaction score
    I think from what I gathered from Schema\'s feature page is he wants a fully programable AI. I\'m imagining it\'s going to be something similar to a minecraft mod called computercraft (http://www.computercraft.info/) which features actual use of a programming language. If that\'s the route he\'s taking it would make our current AI modules far less interesting and obsolete. However I do like this idea. and I hope he uses it as a filler until he gets the AI modules to the point he wants them at

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    One thing you might notice about starmade development is the near absence of followups or continuations to major changes or implementations. I do like this idea, but I fear that in the long run it will stall Ai development more than it\'s worth.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would personally prefer it be called Steven, but that\'s just because I\'m a fan of Alchestbreach and feel that naming each AI after the Duggarts would be amusing (I keep on thinking BOBBY looks like Bobby from his Sims series)