Liquids

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Liquids

I think this game needs better liquids. Things like water and lava do not flow and that is an issue, unless you want every one to be God. Minecraft has a good example of liquid mechanics. Maybe use similar coding. Just a suggestion.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    we don\'t need this at all, it\'ll only bring more bugs, nothing more.

Reaction score
    The problem is, Gravity would make it werid, Like it would flow weridly up side down or bugged like on your ship and it can be annoying on your ship and movement wouldnt really affect it, Unless you say it was coded right and it was made right, And derp

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    the fix,

Lava will only flow in the precence of a gravity field, as simple as that, you already have a player being bound by it, then any lava in no gravity stays as a block.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    amendment,

Then also the way a gravity unit works needs to be fixed also. IE 2 players enter a ship. one turns on the gravity and is effected by it, the second player is not effected at all, this is how it currently works, when gravity unit is turned on it should be global for any one that gets close enough to the entity, or atleast inside it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I want to say yes, but from what I\'ve seen in Minecraft, flowing liquids in a game like this causes a lot of headaches in game mechanics, mainly in terms of \"what do the Flowing-fluid blocks do, can they be picked up, or what?\".

Then there\'s the issue of gravity.

I don\'t disagree though, it\'s just... going to take a bit of conceptualising before it happens.

For example, if water flows whilst on a gravity-inducing thing like, say, a planet, what happens when it hits an edge? It falls, right? Then, logically, when does it stop? Do we get Rimfalls (like in the Discworld series) that carry on until the edge of the gravity field? Because that would be pretty cool.

So, water works as a vector down any slopes, and cannot go up any blocks, that flows if gravity is true, but stops entirely where it is even if mid-flow if gravity is false.

If no gravity, acts as normal.

If on a ship that\'s getting pulled to the ground by a planet\'s gravity... Then what?

Reaction score
    I don\'t think this is a good idea, because people use lava and water as decoration and they probably don\'t want their ships decoration ruined.

Reaction score
    This is a great idea and actually seems like an inevitable feature that is needed for gameplay.

Now in terms of how the liquids act in zero gravity that is something that needs to be discussed but not until we need to (its a non essential)

And in regards to the ship decorations comment.. this game is still in early alpha if the ships now dont change between here and the beta then something is wrong.

Another point being that engines could possible require fuel to run whether it be oil, uranium, or sunlight. With that being said liquid mechanics are a necessity.