Line Of Sight Building

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    As a builder in starmade, I've come across many things, many good and many bad. The overall problem I have when building is time. That being said, I have come up with a solution.

Line Of Sight Building tool(s)

1 possibility:

A tool that (with one click) makes a line of blocks from your camera position to whatever block you're pointing at. This of course would be put into the advanced tools section.

Lets say that you need to fill in the side of a ship thats 50 blocks tall and 50 wide, thats 2500 clicks of your mouse, with this tool: 50 clicks. lets say that it takes you 5 seconds to fill up a row manually, now it takes 0.1 seconds. Just think of the untold hours saved with this tool.

the other possibility:

Full-Auto Building:

Allows you to hold mouse1 to rapidly place blocks. This will be easily used for spam, so they could be options placed into the server.cfg

Thank you for reading, please comment on what you think and/or raise awareness of this suggestion.

Sincerely,

Ahwall_Utrigas

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    To fill a 50x50 surface you\'d just need to set the X and Y/Z size to 10 each and click a total of 25 times using the current tools. It\'s very fast and easy.

Don\'t get me wrong, your proposal sounds great for massive projects where 10x10x10 is nothing, but your particular example is a little confusing since it\'s something that\'s already easy to do.

Reaction score
    Iike this Idea but it would have to be an option in the advanced building options too.

Reaction score
    I\'ve never really had a problem with filling a long tunnel.

Don\'t get me wrong, your proposal sounds great for massive projects where 10x10x10 is nothing

Reaction score
    \"I\'ve never really had a problem with filling a long tunnel.\"

Um. Giggity?

Anyway,

+1