Limit blocks placed per second

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    When I place one million blocks at once my computer freezes for a while, which isn't a problem, since I can do something else in the meantime. On a server, however, that's not so good, which is why server owners keep the maximum build area pretty small. While you can place large numbers of the same block type bit by bit, using templates, that are bigger than the max build area simply isn't possible.

If we had a server setting to limit the number of blocks or chunks placed per second, server owners could make the max build area bigger without fear of server crashes. Whenever a player tried to place more blocks than allowed, excess blocks would be queued and placed piecemeal.

Reactions: kiddan

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I like this idea! Might also passively fix the issue where you place extra blocks every time frames drop.

Reaction score
    Yes! Thank you Malacodor for posting this.

Kiddan, I'm not certain it would actually fix it. It will absolutely help, but that might be all so far as that particular "glitch" is concerned.
    I get what you're saying, that by this being implemented, many "lag-fests" simply won't happen.
    But, the ones that still do happen (combat & auto-saving, mostly) would still cause the extra blocks. (or even just the client end of the client/server being slow. can't tell you the number of times it's happened to me in Singleplayer, because I never kept track, it was so common)