Lights as bright as the sun

Reaction score
    So i'm building my first ship, nothing more than some mining lasers, 2 rooms and a couple of engines strapped together. and I decide to put in some lights. I use white bar lights (both corner and regular) and when I place them down for whatever reason. a blinding ball of solid light engulfs my ship room. It's impossible to see through the ball of light and it takes up about 2 blocks in radius. the thing is, everything outside the ball of light is lit normally, so with one literal sun in my ship the rest of the room is relatively dim

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Are you sure you're using the white lights? What's happening sounds like beacons

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Sounds like you're placing down beacons! The blocks look pretty much the same as white lights but they are not the same thing.

Reaction score
    oh thanks! That was it, I looked underlights in a store and they had blocks and beacon, I'll go back and see if I can't find what I was looking for. Sorry for the mistake.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    In case you didn't already know, 8 blocks of salvagers in a single salvage beam seems to give tick rate block harvesting with the current 202.87 default configs. So keep that in mind while designing your miners. You can also fill up the gaps within salvage beam grids with a second set of salvage beams. Just connect the second array of beams to a second salvage computer, then connect both computers to an Inner Ship Remote. Bam, now you've got an ultra dense asteroid eraser tool.

On a slight tangent; I wish beacons came in more colors. Then I could make colorful constellations of differing foo fighters.

Last edited: