Bug ? Lighting Issues - Some Things Too Bright

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I have had this bug(?) for a while now, just didn't think it was a bug until I saw the game from my dad and brother's computer, pretty much dark places are not as dark as they should be (according to everyone else's Star-Made) cause the game to just not look quite right.
    In this picture you can see what I mean, the cave-ish area is much brighter than it should be, I'm also using the same settings as my dad who's game looks fine.

Also getting this weird thing where the current star system in the map is never the right color.
    Hope this can be fixed (at least for me, seems to be a personal issue) or anyone else who may have it!

Reaction score
    You've seen this, right?

The observation regarding the ambient light level is interesting in this context, as I have the same issue - I noticed the inside of ships and caves being too bright, but didn't know it was a local issue because I have no control group of other PCs. I wonder if that too only affects Nvidia GPUs, and whether both issues are connected in some way.

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I just did SmilingDemon 's suggestions for fixing the white/grey box in the map and it fixed the ambient lighting bug, not the map bug though. Didn't notice the thread either, so sorry about the dupe thread for it. :confused:

Reaction score
    Didn't notice the thread either, so sorry about the dupe thread for it.
    NP, I just wanted to point you to that thread since it referred to your "also..." problem.

I just did SmilingDemon 's suggestions for fixing the white/grey box in the map and it fixed the ambient lighting bug
    Good to hear you found a solution; mind if I ask specifically which suggestions you're referring to? I'm still at a loss regarding the ambient lighting...
    Map bug was gone (for me at least) in today's dev build (and bug tracker reports it as closed), so should be fine come next update.

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I don't know which tip fixed the lighting, but I reset the cache and did a force download+overwrite. Didn't check if the first did anything just did them both because, hey, why not?

Reaction score
    I don't know which tip fixed the lighting, but I reset the cache and did a force download+overwrite. Didn't check if the first did anything just did them both because, hey, why not?
    Okay thanks, I tried that earlier and it didn't seem to help... I guess I'll just see what the next update does.