Light wedges

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    We already have those, or have you never built something out of solid crystal?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    We already have those, or have you never built something out of solid crystal?
    You can't turn crystals off, otherwise that point would be valid.

One thing that could be tried is light rods between wedges, that tends to work sometimes.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, I'd like to see this too. I have a ship with running lights that I want to be able to turn off. It would look far better with wedge lights however.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The other thing I'd like to see is the texture for lights that are "off" to be made much darker. Right now, in a lit room, it's hard to tell what lights are on and which are off. This makes the use of lights as logic-state indicators less useful.

Reaction score
    The other thing I'd like to see is the texture for lights that are "off" to be made much darker. Right now, in a lit room, it's hard to tell what lights are on and which are off. This makes the use of lights as logic-state indicators less useful.
    Is it your game settings or GPU maybe? I can tell when lights are on or off pretty easily myself.
    Another option is grab the texture sheet containing the lights and darken the texture yourself.

Actually here you go, I lowered the brightness on the 'off' textures by 25, so just replace the light sheet in your install folder with this one. The difference should be very noticable.

t002_.png

And for the very visually impaired, with this texture you'll really know if it's on or off:
    t002_.png
    [DOUBLEPOST=1445840249,1445840087][/DOUBLEPOST]oh on topic, I'd love to see every 'building block' have every shape available, corners, heptas, tetras etc, not just lights.

Reactions: Aynslei

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Those darkened off-state textures look 3x better than what we have now. (For purposes of consistency I'm gonna keep using defaults, just so I see what everyone else sees, but still...)

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'd like to see circuits/motherboards switchable (on/off) and linkable to logic, just like light blocks.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Is it your game settings or GPU maybe? I can tell when lights are on or off pretty easily myself.
    There's actually a shader bug Schine is working to fix which causes the "lighten" mode to stack after exiting build mode. It's quite annoying.