light Block effects

Reaction score
    I was working on my retrofit of a pirate station and I was adding a room that goes into the tubular caves of purple and blue hull blocks. I thought to myself it would be cool if some of these space station would have lights the flicker on and off, like you see in some of those horror sci fi games and shows (i.e. dead space game, Space1999(yeah I'm old),etc...).

I would like to suggest:

"Damage Lights Block" - which flicker as if they are shorting out. Or just have regular light blocks take damage and they start flicking on and off as part of their animation effect.

"Status/Slave Light Block" - That change to color if you link them to a system. say you link them to a activation block and then link them to a shield block and which the light reacts to the levels of the attached block system...green is 100-90%, yellow 89-50% and red 49-0%. Or have then link to a regular color light using the logic switches to change color...So that in a Red alert the captain can switch a logic circuit and switch all these special linked light blocks to red to alert the crew to battle station and such.

Reactions: Boba_Fett
    Reaction score
    For the damage lights block, that can be done with a logic clock and the status/slave light block should be a function with regular light blocks.
    Good idea though. Colouring the weapons is some of the fun in building my ships. I would love to make an invisible ship have a black shield effect to blend into space.