Life of Stars

Reaction score
    The game StarMade lacks life stars (if you can do it). This should be done as follows: first a gas cloud after a long time, it accumulates and turns star (whatever color stars). Then, after a very long time, it explodes, it may get another star (something like the neutron), a gas cloud or a black hole.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435481257,1435478359][/DOUBLEPOST]
    (something like the neutron)
    If explodes Neutron Star, it's made only gas cloud or a black hole.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I can see this as a fun Admin-as-Gamemaster mod in the future-planned API, but I don't think it should be in the vanilla release.

Jh

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah specially cos like. I make bases on planets. Those planets realistically wouldn't survive if say a supernova went off/black hole formed. Bye bye base

Reaction score
    Yeah specially cos like. I make bases on planets. Those planets realistically wouldn't survive if say a supernova went off/black hole formed. Bye bye base
    In general, the gravity from the black hole will only work in a system where the black hole itself. The same was the case with wormholes. And if the black hole will suck the star - the planet on the rotation of the orbit (the lower of there like rotate? no? and may be able to do it?), they will be able to fly to other systems.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435594070,1435593732][/DOUBLEPOST]
    In general, the gravity from the black hole will only work in a system where the black hole itself. The same was the case with wormholes. And if the black hole will suck the star - the planet on the rotation of the orbit (the lower of there like rotate? no? and may be able to do it?), they will be able to fly to other systems.
    And if there was a black hole - an orbit the planet can continue to whirl around a dead star. By chance (accident) can enter the planet into a black hole, or simply fly out of the system.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I imagine that the feature would allow an admin to let a star swell up like in real life for some time before going nova.
    Besides, if a star collapsed into a black hole, if anything way orbiting it the orbits would not instantly degrade. They would only start to fall in once the black hole gained enough mass that the planet's orbit dropped below the event horizon.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The game StarMade lacks life stars (if you can do it). This should be done as follows: first a gas cloud after a long time, it accumulates and turns star (whatever color stars). Then, after a very long time, it explodes, it may get another star (something like the neutron), a gas cloud or a black hole.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435481257,1435478359][/DOUBLEPOST]
    If explodes Neutron Star, it's made only gas cloud or a black hole.
    how are you expecting servers to be after a month after the update?
    1 whole milky way of black holes? xD
    it's all true, untill and including colour star it would be possible, black holes are what would happen but it's no good for starmade.
    also, maybe a solid sun would be more fun? one that has sun flames and such.

Reaction score
    and further (does not apply to the life of stars, although it's a little impact on life, lol), why is not present in the center of the galaxy (somewhere) a giant black hole? It can be any size, then it would be interesting, that is.