Let's make some 'mechs!

Reaction score
    I got the idea that maybe if planets become a very popular place to live that we will need some kind of ship to fight on the planet itself. In other words I wanted an excuse to build a battlemech. So here is a 'mech that I made that is balanced enough to stand on planets without falling over and has decent weaponry and speed (no shields though because 'mechs don't have shields).

As some of you may notice it is equipped with an SRM6 in the left torso, 2 Medium Lasers(Salvagers :P) in the arms, and one AC20 in the right torso. The design was loosely modeled after the Atlas until I realized I can't make an Atlas to save my life, so it's an...uhhh...Abomination-R. I would really like to see some other people make some planertary fighting ships, it doesn't have to be a 'mech I just wanted to make one. So let's see 'em!

Reaction score
    Made this a while ago, I originally built one in Minecraft with slabs where the wedges are. I edited the design a bit so it works better with Starmade.

Sorry about the image size, it wouldn\'t let me re-scale it.

Also try to ignore the ships in the background, both were works in progress at the time the screenshot was taken, the orange one has been improved, and the black and green one has been deleted. They\'re not really meant to be in the image, but I couldn\'t be bothered to move them.

Reaction score
    Wow you packed a lot into that small of a package. I like your design of just leaving some of the components open with no hull around it, I will have to do that for my next build. Excellent work and your orange ship looks pretty sweet too!

Reaction score
    Round two of making a mech and this time I just let it all hang out.

This was inspired by a mech called the Cataphract which I like very much.

I think this one turned out pretty well. Could use some work but I like it. I think I will try a few more mechs later today.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    the left arm should be a hs missile launcher not an am cannon.

also make the right arm a d1000 missile launcher and a salvaging laser.

either way cool mechs.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    None of your mechs actually walk, right? I\'m wondering if we could make two legs that are turrets and allow our mech to walk.

Reaction score
    That is an interesting idea, I will have to try that soon. In the meantime here are a few more mechs I made.

http://imgur.com/a/Y1INg

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    WE need a MadKat! I love MechWarrior vengeance so much and Mad Kat was my mech of choice. Hell, I based my name off that mech!

Ill try to make it see how it turns out.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    ohh Front Mission series had some cool looking mechs. And the customization in 4 made it so much better too

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    If anyone wants to know what the Gypsy Danger or Jaegers are, go here:

http://pacificrim.wikia.com/wiki/Pacific_Rim_Wiki

I do have to say though, The head has some great detailing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Damn you Blizzard ! I already see it will be a fine pice of work. Now I have to step up the lvl of my designs too xD