Let's build chess pieces or even the whole game

Reaction score
    Ok, I start. Suggestions to color coding and all the stuff are welcome, but pls don't write do this or that just build some pieces and upload a screenshot of it. Help in design is really appreciated. =)

Ofcourse later on there is the possibility to make all the pieces into seperate ships and use rails to dock them. But until I finished the pieces and the style I think the entity building is not so important.

I hope I am not the only one interested into this project. If not I just upload my own progress from time to time here.
    starmade-screenshot-0113.png
    [doublepost=1476283839,1476283749][/doublepost] starmade-screenshot-0114.png

Reactions: Scypio and kupu
    Reaction score
    So I basically did the whole set of pieces now: knight, queen, horse (2 different sizes), peasant, bishop (grey), and tower. I just don't get the color coding right. It bites each other in every combination, and grey plus brown is not colorfull enough. starmade-screenshot-0116.png

Reactions: Scypio
    Reaction score
    You could just use white.....

I'd scale the pieces down---make them more simplistic. No need to replicate them exactly.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    someone on our server built this, it lagged like hell b/c of the amount of entities on it, but it was really cool to see and glad to see that someone had the same the idea

Reaction score
    I'd scale the pieces down---make them more simplistic. No need to replicate them exactly.
    Done. =) starmade-screenshot-0119.png

Now I make an extra ship for the board and add some spaces where the slain men rest. The rails are all set in, don't get confused by the old pattern in the lower half of the board.

someone on our server built this, it lagged like hell b/c of the amount of entities on it, but it was really cool to see and glad to see that someone had the same the idea
    Thx. But the thing with the lag sounds illogical to me, because any smaller frigatte has like 10 turrets that equals 20 docked entities. Are you sure that it could lag? I mean only one entity at a time is meant to be moved and even the slain pieces will be docked at the side.

Reactions: Scypio
    Reaction score
    I've started a chessboard. Currently pre-Alpha stage of development; initial systems are set but I've yet to decide on final setup. I'm thinking checkers might be an easier place to start, xD. I'll have to build a Risk game, too, lol.... it'll be easier, though - each country is represented by X number of display blocks, with a switcher mechanism to add in different numbers of units. I'm gonna need to draw myself some fancy pictorials, because I don't want to dock/move/undock/move/redock/explode board with many many entities representing units. Perhaps if I go for a more advanced version of Risk (not the basic troops, cavalry, cannon for numbers of soldiers), i.e. commanders and bases and cities, I'd use docking items, but that's a wreck because they would NOT be docked, they'd be waiting around nearby to be admin'd into and floated over.

I know my second board game now!!!!

Oh you've got a different system from me, I'm building a logic-based moves system allowing me to throw entities off as they are "taken" and then move entities via an insanely complicated (WiP) logic setup. Actually, logic is simple, it's just players manipulating everything that's NOT simple.

Reaction score
    I've started a chessboard. Currently pre-Alpha stage of development; initial systems are set but I've yet to decide on final setup. I'm thinking checkers might be an easier place to start, xD. I'll have to build a Risk game, too, lol.... it'll be easier, though - each country is represented by X number of display blocks, with a switcher mechanism to add in different numbers of units. I'm gonna need to draw myself some fancy pictorials, because I don't want to dock/move/undock/move/redock/explode board with many many entities representing units. Perhaps if I go for a more advanced version of Risk (not the basic troops, cavalry, cannon for numbers of soldiers), i.e. commanders and bases and cities, I'd use docking items, but that's a wreck because they would NOT be docked, they'd be waiting around nearby to be admin'd into and floated over.

I know my second board game now!!!!
    Hey just keep on trying. =) I am not that motivated though, the people have to be satisfied by moving them per "hand" (haha) instead of logic.