less deafening ship core noise

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I know it's cool to have some engine sounds, but it doesn't matter how much I set the volume, the engine noise doesn't lower itself. It's really annoying and I've heard alot of people talk about it on servers.

Reaction score
    Maybe there should be separate sliders for engine volume control, because it is really annoying right now.

I usually make a cockpit just so I won\'t hear the engine sound.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I had this issue myself, along with a couple of other game sounds. I manually went into the game config files and used audio editing software to quieten them.

The culprit for the ship core noise is \"data/audio-resource/Spaceship User/0022_spaceship user - small engine thruster loop.ogg\".

Reaction score
    Imo it would be nicer to have a slider in the game for it, also because auto-updates simply overwrite all resources.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    There really ought to be better sound levelling in the first place, sliders for different kinds of volume in options would also be a nice touch.

You can find copies of everything from the previous version in the zipped backup file after an auto-update, in case you lost anything.