Legolas170's Crafting idea

Reaction score
    So the Calbiri stated that the dev team is open to ideas involving a crafting overhaul. Many games have a system involving refinery of an item before it is crafted. However, having one large magic block that does everything in the same place doesn't seem in the spirit of starmade, so I propose several different types of refinery. Before we get to that, I'd like to mention that you shouldn't immediately know everything, so when you start out, there is a chance of failure, and the more you successfully craft, the less likely you are to lose the thing you were attempting to craft. After a while, the chance of loosing your item will be at 0%. When this happens, you will receive a recipe. You can hook up a factory block to one of your refining mechanisms, and then punch in the recipe. I'd also like to mention that the refinery gets more efficient based upon how many blocks it has in its group. Kind of like AMC's, but with creation instead of death.

REFINERY TYPES

-------------------------

Furnace: It makes hull and other simple components

Industrial Furnace: The Industrial Furnace is used to refine minerals into items like hull, and components for crafting more advanced items, more on this later. It also produces items 15% faster than other furnaces.

Military Furnace: see above, but it produces items that have 10% more armor than other furnaces, not 15% faster.

Civillian Furnace: Everything seen above, but it produces items with 15% less resources than other furnaces.

----------

Chemical Scrubber: Refines ore into items used to craft shields, weapons, and lights.

Industrial Chemical Scrubber: See above, but but produces items 15% faster

-----------

Nanite Refinery: Refines ores into thing used in ship cores and computers

-----------

CRAFTING STATIONS

-------------------------------

Tech Station- Shields, Weapons, Armor, ect.

Engineering Station- Thrusters, power, ect.

Science station- Cores, CPU's, ect.

Reaction score
    Awesome, but maybe a little more chain like, so extracing ore rrom rock

Reaction score
    Is kind of a given thing, this focuses more on the crafting system itself, not resource gathering :)

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    + I would like production-cycle time and storage to be also important.

I\'d also like to mention that the refinery gets more efficient based upon how many blocks it has in its group

What do you think about this?:

rename \"Factory-input\" -> \"Factory-Buffer\". \"You require free-to-preserve storage capacity for the input and output items of a production cycle before this cycle can start.\"

ProductionCycle amount multiplier = math.floor( FactoryBlocks^1.25 )

ProductionCycle_time_multiplier = math.ceiling( 1 / (1+FactoryBlocks^1.125) * ProductionCylce_amount_multiplier )

It would increase the efficiency in time, but won\'t start for just 1 item. It also requires enough storage available, thus requires more than just 1 block type (energy and item storage).