Launcher will not launch the game

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    EDIT: This appears to be a common issue with the game. I strongly encourage people having this problem to post details in this thread. Just so the developers can see there is a problem.

After clicking 'Start Game' in the launcher the window closes and the game does not launch. There is no error message or log. It just appears as though the launcher will not launch the game.

I have deleted and redownloaded the game through the launcher.

I have the most current drivers for my AMD HD6670 card.

I have Java 7 Update 25 installed and am running Windows 7 64-bit.

I have disabled my antivirus solution.

The game works fine on my laptop though, has anyone else run into this issue? Does anyone know what is causing it and how I can fix it?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The Server Manager comes up but no game launches. I have no idea what\'s wrong. There is no Error or Crash or Log, it just doesn\'t start.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Anyone else who has this issue can you please post in this thread that you are having this problem and the following information hopefully a common cause can be found.

Graphics Card

Operating System (& 32 or 64 bit)

Java version

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This problem has been an issue in the game for over a month. The devs are well aware of this.

Despite what your computer is telling you, your drivers are most likely not up to date. I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 graphics card on my gaming laptop and I had the same problem beforehand.

First, I tried running an update check to get the latest graphics driver, but it told me I was up to date. Then, I tried deleting the graphics card software entirely and restarted my computer, and it worked. Keep in mind that this kind of process can be dangerous and mess up your computer if you don\'t know what you\'re doing, but if it works, the game should run properly. And, as an added bonus, it might just help your computer to run better graphics on other games as well!

1. Go to the start menu
    2. Search \"Device manager\" and click on that. It should open up a window with an icon of a red toolbox with white board behind it.
    3. Click the paper football next to \"Display adapters\" so it is black and leaning on one of its smaller sides. It should pop out some stuff.
    4. Right-click on your graphics card and hit \"Uninstall\"
    5. Follow the directions and restart your computer.

These are the steps I followed and they worked fine. Try this.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am not uninstalling my graphics drivers to make this work. They are the most current stable drivers I have just verified the version on the website to what my software is reporting.

Out of curiosity did you have VirtuMVP installed?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    go to %appdata% and delete the .starmade folder, also delete the starmade folder on your desktop. then reinstall the game and it should work.