launcher does nothing?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    so right after i downloaded the launcher (StarMade-starter.exe) i try to open it, i get the usual windows "do you

want to open this file?" thing, i click yes, it closes as it normally does. but then.... nothing, absolutley nothing.

i tried opening it again and again with the same result, does anyone know what i should do?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Try this.

Move the StarMade-starter file to some place else. Some where that you want it to stay. Then run the launcher.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i already tried that. i tried restarting my computer, spamming the enter key, even searching for the process in windows task manager (which gave me nothing)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    In the Task Manager, it is javaw.exe.

Where exactly are you running it from?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    im running it from a folder in my documents that i commonly go to. and nope, no javaw.exe

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    The game runs through Java, so if javaw.exe isn\'t showing up, than you may need to update Java.

Reaction score
    Don\'t know wheather this was resolved or not. I had this problem and did a java update using the automatic one from java. I have a 64bit Windows 8 and this updater only updates the 32bit java. By manually installing the 64bit update it now works.