Large ship causing regular crashes and lag

Reaction score
    Hey,

So i'm sure i cannot be the only one to do such a thing, there must be people with FAR bigger ships than me. I have a ship which is still a WIP which is on 2.487 million blocks ~200k mass. It has ~18 turrets so far and counting ranging from small AMC turrets, all the way to a 10k mass deck gun. It's length is only 700 blocks and the width less than that. I have used some turrets uploaded here.

This ship seems to regularly cause my game to crash. I imported it into a private server the other day and a friend of mine said it has caused his FPS to plummet, while i don't get this, i do get the sprite of my cannons (only 4 pulses being emitted cannon/cannon combo although it is 40k array) which hangs in space for several seconds, if i do not ceace fire punctually, my game will crash.

Is my ship just simply too large/too many turrets/too complex for the game engine to handle or should this be fine? If fine, what can i do to try and diagnose the cause of this shit/reduce it(Possibly in my design)

Also i am not running on a potato; i have an i7 6700K, 32 GB DDR3 Ram, and a GTX 1070, and the dedi server is hosted by colo crossing with 32 GB DDR3 ram, and Xeon E3-1200 with 1 Gbps network port and RAID 1 10k SAS drives.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Well it is a pretty big ship. Big enough to cause problems. I seen bigger but it is of a class that well can have problems.

i do get the sprite of my cannons
    How many barrels/outputs fire per shot? Just a few or 100+. The problem might be to many bullets on screen.

Reaction score
    Well it is a pretty big ship. Big enough to cause problems. I seen bigger but it is of a class that well can have problems.

How many barrels/outputs fire per shot? Just a few or 100+. The problem might be to many bullets on screen.
    Hmm, so i'd be best off downsizing a little? And it's just a few, 4 total outputs. Same with my phasers.