LARGE BUT PLEASE READ! SCHEMA! Cockpit glass HUD, cockpit that is a controller not a computer, facti

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Thank you for coming here! Please read all the suggestions, even though it is long. Don't skim! I'd be very grateful if you could give a reply with your idea on all the suggestions.

At the very bottom is a topic link on furniture and medbays etc. PLEASE read that. Medbays are a must. So are beds. A chairs. Tables not so, we CAN use blocks, but still. Its also got stuff on REAL decorative panels, what each button on the block does etc. Panel 1, the one with a huge load of buttons and no screen, I have no idea. And stuff on planks and bricks for houses.

--COCKPITS--

1. Cockpit glass HUD
    HUD on glass: for a special no-hud mode, a certain block shows yer structure tab, speed, weapons etc all on a configured screen. That also means no-glass ship original cockpit block cockpits need computers to show the structure tab etc. Or that would just be a window on the computer cockpit. Taking off your helmet puts No-HUD (it does not include chat etc) on, and then you use the HUD glass. Because the HUD is in the helmet's screen.

2. Cockpit that is a controller not a computer
    Look closely at your SD Cockpit. It's a computer screen! Do we want those and our controller at our feet?
    We need a special cockpit block that puts a 3D controller on top of itself, and a chair to sit and spin in :D , then the original cockpit block would be an optional choice.

3. The magical player-in-cockpit suggestion
    As well as chairs and seatbelts, we need our players to sit in the chair, and actually look at the computer/HUD glass screen, and get out of the cockpit at the position we were in flight. This also needs PlexGlass to let you see things through it. That especially includes atmospheres, stars and stuff. Then NightGlass would be used in our special observatories, letting us see planets and not the atmosphere. But still suns.

--FACTION--

4. Faction base safety range
    Faction bases need a range of safety. If a block of a ship that belongs to that faction is in the range, that entire entity is protected. YAYA :D
    Now we can land with wheels on our planet base and not be griefed! EDIT: and OH MA GUD! PUT OUR BIG SHIPS IN ORBIT WHILE WE LAND IN A SHUTTLE! OHHHHH YEAAAHHHH!

5. Tools for boarding ships.
    This includes: forced gravity usage and other things like that for crew on crew fights.
    Possibly new bubble shields so that anything within the bubble can be hit, but the bubble blocks the attacks. Good for breaking down doors nice FTL style, requires hardened doors too.

--DOORS, O2 AND PRESSURE (BARE WITH ME, PLEASE)--

So basically, doors have to slide into a slot instead of dissapearing just like that. And also normal doors on hinges.

6. Oxygen

NO HORRENDOUS LIMITS. Simple as: throwing off your helmet in a no-oxygen environment causes you to die. And there would be an oxygen generator block for every ship, each block can support 20 people. That sounds reasonable and futuristicly advanced enough. Otherwise it can't generate fast enough, the o2 points stay still, even more people and it goes down slowly. So... everyone removes 1 point of oxygen each second, meaning the oxygen generator generates 21 points per second. Or whatever. Which is why inefficient oxygen generating ships need their crew to wear the suits.

Oxygen would be a special kind of tiny sub block? It... I HAVE NO FLIPPING IDEA!

7. Doors
    So basically, there's a type of anti-PlexDoor, and when connected in an array of plexdoors it opens when they close, structure tab's close all doors opens them etc.
    AND NOW! I LOVE THIS BRO FO LO NO SO!
    A door control button! Structure tab lets you set whether allies or who in the whatnot now may open it. Then, it sets the delay between when doors open once pressed, has stages (default used for open stage, pressing again into close stage and loop back again) etc. Also linked with a depressurization block etc for your perfect airlock. The info and functions of the block are all in the topic about furniture etc down at the bottom.

--GRAVITY--

8. Gravity generators should, configured in structure tab, put everything down all the time. Perfect for the hopefully gonna be real liquid system (http://star-made.org/content/my-take-liquid-system) etc. Also, PLEASE fix the glitch where you can't hitch a gravity-ride because ships that are moving will make you gltich out and flip away. EDIT: It's been fixed :D

9. When you reload a game, the gravity you were in MUST still be there. Think, that is SO important.

--HYPERSPACE AND CRYO-SLEEP-- pls read!

Who here isn't fascinated by the idea of FTL jumping or warping into hyperspace? Its not teleportation! It still requires a vessel!

10. Hyperdrives.

remember, this isn't boring and stupid teleportation.

The more hyperdrive enhancers to your hyperdrive computer, the quicker each sector in hyperspace is. However, it has to actually be quick, not you cryo-sleeping, because in multiplayer you come across the problem of other players. Think about it! Know what I mean? What about sleeping on MC servers? Now you see! Back to hyperdrives: You input the system type and id (e.g. VoidSystem 0, 0, 1), and off you go! 600 sectors with no enhancers to your computer would take like... 1 hour. So... 60 sectors is about 1 minute. You're gonna need those enhancers! They would enhance by 20 or so sectors of extra hyperspace range, and shorten 1 sector's crossing time by however much sounds good to you, Mr. Schema. I got no idea.

--IMPERATIVE FOR THE ISANTH-VI--

11. The Isanth-VI MUST be remade with all these new systems (maybe not including hyperdrive... but certainly including cryo-chambers), we can't have an outdated default ship now can we? The glass nerf is silly and the MOST IMPORTANT THING, LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF BOTH GUNS. ITS. NOT. 100%. SYMMETRICAL! (When it's supposed to be. Asymmetricals are cool too.) Also, all of the spawned ships have a problem where every block in an array is an output. The top front block should be the output for the Isanth, the middle bottom front bit for the turrets. Pirate turrets.
    Oh and yes, (an edit), the isanth-VI needs to have each and every single one of its thruster blocks replaced (select the core and take a look at them! .o.), lighting, an airlock style door with the door control i mentioned etc, doors inbetween rooms, a new reachable cockpit position if you consider the player's arm length (chairs for cockpits need to be right on the block behind the cockpit) and all that.

Reaction score
    i like these, the door control and oxygen should be a must, perhaps the oxygen generator can be similar to the one used on the galacticraft mod for minecraft (requires power and a sealed area)

Reaction score
    Yaya! The first topic I ever made on a forum with a very very nice post! (In a while, that is)

Reaction score
    Everything is great except for the landing parts. You seem to be thinking of current-gen spaceships. This is Starmade, people in this universe have mastered inter-stellar travel. Wheels and runways are outdated by a few hundred years. Parachutes are unneeded becuase all ships are VTOL (Vertical Take Off and Landing) ships. Not to be mean, but we don\'t need them.

Reaction score
    I like most of this (the landing is iffy), but what about that irritating gravity? Even with artificial gravity, you can\'t have players moving around inside while the ship is moving! They just slide to the back wall and glitch out of the ship. And (I think this is what you mean by forced gravity) when you turn on a gravity module it should effect everything inside the ship, not just you. That way you could easily and efficiently board other craft and take on passengers.

Having it use power would add a nice bit of realism as well. In combat, you could conserve energy by just turning it off and having everyone onboard strap in somewhere. This also creates a strategy of targeting the gravity module on a ship (with multiple players), you could strand (with physics, kill) any that aren\'t ready! (More ways to mess with boarding parties are created, like either switching the direction of gravity or turning it off completely.)

Reaction score
    Landing gear - completely unnecessary and a hinderance to the gameplay and a ton of pointless coding which could go toward real improvements. Please don\'t add.

Oxygen, no. Flying ship cores is very useful, especially for reviewing ships and such. This isn\'t FTL, its starmade.

Agreed with keeping an up-to-date start ship, should there be enough significant updates for it to be necessary.

Reaction score
    You can get people to join your crew? Nice idea? They mann stations etc. FTL! I think it should be here!

Plus please note everything about standing in the cockpit when controlling etc. Its in the previous topic. Link\'s in there!

EDIT: Turns out it isn\'t. K, gonna edit the idea into the thread main post. What\'s that called?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    I think instead of wheels you should put landing stablizers that fold out and align you to the layout and rotation instead.

Reaction score
    1) do u ever imaging how terrible it will to see and handle ?

3-4) wheels and parachutes are looks like only for planets, as gravity and air is required. Maybe it will be good idea for far future releases, at last if blocks can be damaged on collisions. Not for Alpha.

5) I more like idea u need to dock to make your ship protected. Safety zone ? What about anybody can push undocked shops ? Not so far ago I make huge ship from another faction was burned at sun.

6) Boarding - game already have gravity gun, and looks like NPCs will be added soon. It must be nice idea. Also I wish to make faction home can be boarded. Only question is how we will recruit NPC ? Maybe like take NPC from planets and breed and teach.

7) and water, and food. More hardcore for God of hardcore! look and my (6), I wish this supply blocks must be needed to life to space marines on your ship :)

8) and u will waste your time to fly to door button each time

. 9) what ? remove players to be affected by gravity ? no. Liquid? Server side is not so good to handle it. Also I see waterfall from space stations will be very, very strange.

10) I like idea about you need time and many energy to charge hyperdrive. More travel distance - more time to charge. Also u can`t jump to sector you not visited in usual way (or by your faction members). I`t is about gravify anomalies and etc staff. Also faction controlled warp-gates will be nice.

11) Each server have own set of NPC ships. Maybe it is not so good from basic ships, but I do not see problem here.

Reaction score
    1. WHAT!? How can you not understand the utter imperativness of a second type cockpit for ships that use glass windows on the front!? Look, the current cockpit block is a computer!

3. Meh. Maybe true.

5. Obviously that would not be possible in the safe zone, and its mainly to be used in putting your big ship in orbit and landing in a shuttle.

6. The game has no gravity gun... And faction bases should certainly not be attackable, this is StarMade not Sky Nations.

7. Not hardcore, just normal.

8. ?... Uh...

9. Sorry, my mistake, I was talking about players being affected by gravity only when they choose to be. That\'s a bit daft, gonna edit it out...

10. I don\'t think it should be about getting to places you\'ve visited, but you enter the system type and coords and away you go. POW AAI...

11. I see the biggest problem in the game! :/ not good...

Reaction score
    I like the idea of landing gear. Maybe if it could work kind of like PlexDoors, except you control them from the core as a tool on your hotbar. Whilst Imperial Gold has a point about this being the far future with a mastery over space travel... well, the same can be said of Futurama, and all civilian spacecraft there are designed like badly dented Retro Rocketships. And they STILL have landing gear.

Whether or not it would actually be useful, it might still be cool for aesthetics.

Reaction score
    I mean landing gear with wheels is unnecessary. I COMPLETELY forgot about Futurama style landing gear. That type of landing gear is a great idea, especially now that we have the structure panel.

P.S. Futurama was an awesome show, it always made me laugh.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    No wheels there unneeded what we do need is something to hold our ship steady and make it easyer to land.(look at my first post)

the wheels would only work if they put a space jet core in and a human npc you can have fly it and a special runway block along with a new special dock for the jets.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    rods would work in stations if they added wheels and the death star core to be a moving(but slow) station where there are rodes and a 0.1 Perccent for them to natrualy spawn.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    who would want to see a texture pack for the texture changes

Reaction score
    Death star core should be renamed and used as a land/sub-marine/marine veichle. Stations should be convertible into ships, though! Then you can select where the core goes! :D And then the radar point changes to there. And then use PlexLanders for roads, and also magnetized landers (counts as docking). Or also, if they DO add wheels (sexy), then use them for runways in which you flip a switch and the magnetisation goes off, et you fly up!

Reaction score
    There is already a button to make your ship parallel to the ground. It is the c button. Like I said before people of this time period don\'t need wheels because of VTOL (Vertical Take Off and Landing) systems. Schema said that some type of core was going to make ground vehicles possible. They will hover instead of use wheels.

Reaction score
    Apparently here the last post was made by Imperial_gold, but I found nothing. Did you delete it?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Why in the world would you want wheels and runways taking up space when all ships are VTOL by nature? And stations becoming ships feels really, really cheaty.