Lag Near a station

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    My brother and i have two different computers and his was always superior to mine, however when we played starmade there was a weird bug that annoyed me and him.

On single player or even multiplayer my brother cannot look at a space station without his fps dropping to 5.

He has nvida drivers and a AMD Processor.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    for me I only ever get about 15 fps on a good day, stations its 1 fps and planets are the same. When there are big ships it can be down to about 2-5 fps depending on the size of the ship. For me i think that it is one of two things, either simply having too many blocks rendered, or having too many animated blocks rendered. (The power generators in the space stations, there must be 400 of them hiden in the colums, i\'m guessing 100 in each colum)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If your lagging when you look at the station or near it, then probably your computer specs sucks?

For me, I lag when I look at it but hey. You know what I do to fix my fps? I salvage the whole station slowly till my fps rise ^ ^ . Try it. Gives you a ton of credits.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m getting this near large groupings of animated blocks. And by large groupings, I mean hundreds, potentially thousands within the same sector.

On our server, it\'s giant ships or go home.

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    If your videocard is low-end or quite old, a lot of blocks being rendered on your screen just takes its toll, the reason it only happens when you look at it is that the blocks dont need to be displayed if you dont look at them, and therefore dont require anything off your computer to exist.

This is not a bug, it\'s down to your computer being slow/old, try turning down your settings or learn to live with it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It doesn\'t lag for me. Try turning the view distance, antialiasing, and fixed framerate if you have it off.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    All i can do it turn down max geometry, stars, and render distance. stars don\'t help but i keep them off, render distance dosen\'t seem to make any inpact because the station is close, and geometry going down also dosne\'t change anything, the whole planet will load with it at 500, and it had been changed to 500 before a restart, but then after you leave and come back if your by a station or planet random parts of it and your ship do not load, really bad problem.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    for me it drops to 1/2 fps when i get near a plant or station and i have the best computer ever my computer never drops below 56 fps but in star made whan i get near on look at a plant or space station it drops to 1/2 fps

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I get the same thing and no its not a computer performance issue.

Specs:

4x Nvidia GTX760\'s

AMD 8 core FX

64gb ram 1833

2x Sandisk Extreme 240gb SSD\'s

Mine is not as noticeable but it does drop drastically on FPS. I usually get half of my normal FPS around large objects.

Lei

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I get the same issue, and I don\'t get it with big player-built ships, but I also get some lag when near pirates, so I\'m assuming my issue is with pre-made objects, but still it sucks and is very annoying ><

Reaction score
    I have never lag before the last update

Now when I\'m near a shop or a big ship my fps drop from around 500 to 5, but I\'m not even looking at them

And I keep getting the server doesn\'t answer warning. I think it is because of the last update since everything use to be so smooth.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve just had the same thing happen, My nav told me that one of the big ships I tried to import had appeared a sector over, so I decided to fly over and have a look since i could not buy it at the time due to low currency, flew in and was hit by lag, the big ship was near a shop and had broken up for some reason and debrie was floating everywhere, then i noticed that I couldn\'t do anything in my ship conect to the core or even open a door, my ship is still stuck in orbit close to it all, I\'ve tried logging in and out with no effect, i keep getting the same message about the server not responding. before all this I had no problems and my pc is a pretty powerful beast, so not sure what to do.

How does Reset Universe work? will i lose my ships?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well when im mining my own business right near a space station ,2 priates get mad at eachother and are cosnatly shooting at each other ,while im having troble rendering the copleate object. This almost causes my 10 min mining period turning into a Stop and go situation While my computer is threnting to close the aplication because it\'s hating all the lasers going around.

Is there a fix? ,please tell me

Ps i just started so building weapons and killing them is not a option

Reaction score
    similar problem to this http://star-made.org/content/server-crashing-bug

When you have a big enough ship you get .1 fps and often the server will lag outut and crash.

It needs to be fixed....

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    unfortunately there isnt a way to cut the lag this problem is purely the game not the computer the dev has tryed to fix this problem but it still needs work and until then most of us have to suffer poor coding

voc

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    lags on my amd 2 gig ram 4000+ athalon 6800 nvidia but my 9800gt 3 gig pentuim d 4 gigs ram xp insatalled plays well.