ladders?

yoyo2901

Meatshield
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    me and my friend were building and we wondered why there are no ladders in this game.
    ladders are great for especially this kind of games. you can make a way up without taking a lot of space for a staircase that is hard to place. so at those moments a ladder will come in handy. its also a really cool feature for roleplay purposes, its a perfect way of going to a maintenance room and fix some things (for some real roleplay).

ladders will come in handy with small ships that cant have a staircase in it because it takes to much space.
    so why not ladders?

-yoyo2901
    (might be a stupid idea, or the developers have already thought about it and came to a conclusion that ladders are hard to make, if so.. sorry)

Reactions: Lord Daro

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ladders have been suggested before, and the dev team has shown interest in ladders.

This is just speculation, but I suspect that this is a relatively small addition that is being prioritized low on the to-do list, below all the major and highly impressive stuff they want to accomplish first.

The dev team has demonstrated a pattern of releases involving lots of interrelated stuff, all added at once. If you can think of something else that ladders can be good for, or that can use ladder-like functionality, it will probably be prioritized higher as a more impressive addition to the game that should be introduced sooner than later.

Examples:
    Ladders will probably be useful for NPCs and humanoid fauna, so it would be a good addition when that is released.
    Trees could gain ladder functionality, so that astronauts can climb trees, in order to establish planet-side ambushes.
    Various geological and decorative features might get ladder functionality built-in, just so astronauts can climb steep areas.

Reactions: kiraen
    Reaction score
    I think now that the new LOD system has been added ladders will soon be a thing. It just depends on how many other 3D objects with functionality they want to add. I know for sure that chairs are higher up so we'll most likely see those first.

Reactions: nightrune