Suggested Ladder block & changes to paint blocks/2d sprites

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Pretty simple suggestion , I was working on building a NASA type spacecraft when I realized that there's not really a ladder block, so us space dudes can traverse vertically in gravity

If one is implemented, it'd definitely have to be a 3d model, which to my knowledge, there arent any, just 2d sprites.

If such a block is created, it might be time to also either remake or reconsider the 2d sprites that are in the game. They're kinda archaic and definitely make the game look less polished. Besides, everybody uses those stupid paint canisters as barells, so maybe its time for a new block or something there.

Just my thoughts, I'm guessing that schine is already aware of people using paint cans for other stuff, but hey, might as well put it out there just in case. by the way, 2d sprites dissapear behind transparent blocks such as glass, so more reason to ditch em.
    I personally use them as soft drink dispensers at my space McDonalds, so legit 3d models would be pretty awesome.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Use that search function next time; there must be an infinitely uncountable number of ladder threads already in existence.

And as for getting rid of 2D sprites, I really don't understand what you're suggesting. Do you have an alternative solution?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Use that search function next time; there must be an infinitely uncountable number of ladder threads already in existence.

And as for getting rid of 2D sprites, I really don't understand what you're suggesting. Do you have an alternative solution?
    My bad dude, but you don't need to be so rude. I looked at the stickied thread and couldn't find one, sorry.

And yea, like I said in my OP, a simple 3d model, either in voxel form or in a circular or octoganal shape.

A legit barrel block would also be useful too.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    That you perceived rudeness in my very dry, direct question leads me to believe you know that you dun goofed. I assure you that whatever inflection you believe was there is imagined.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Any high poly model would be Sabers department. I can tell you it won't happen until we have a LOD system. I do believe it may also be planned to ditch sprites for models but don't quote me on that

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Any high poly model would be Sabers department. I can tell you it won't happen until we have a LOD system. I do believe it may also be planned to ditch sprites for models but don't quote me on that
    Gotcha. I figured it'd be something like that. Probably pretty low priority compared to everything else.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Gotcha. I figured it'd be something like that. Probably pretty low priority compared to everything else.
    I do know that a chair model is being held back for the LOD system so any other models would have to wait, I'm not sure how much of an issue it would be once the system is in for Saber to start designing and adding new models. Although I'm sure secret fauna models keep him busy.