L.H.G.S.C.C.

Reaction score
    INSERT BANNER HERE!

Also spoiler'd mah speech.

When man was born under the inky, dotted blackness of the stars, he knew. He knew that there is only one truth to the universe, fundamental to all of existence, creation.

That one thing is inherent within us all, spindled into the very fiber of our combined being. What is that one thing? It should be obvious.

Bigger is better.

But sometimes Man has to go deeper, further, he has to wonder, is there anything else? It's obvious that bigger is better, but there's something else fundamental to all of creation. He was confused.

Until now. There was one question that puzzled him...

If Bigger is Better.... what's Better then Bigger?

The answer?

f***in' HUEGE!

I was getting tired of the speech and shit. So y'know.. spoiler'd it because it is a good speech.
    Oh, and re-structuring it and crap, the thread I mean.

Anyway, taking a break from the PEACEKEEPER TITAN! to retrofit/replace/create old/new ships because F!@# YOU! I want to.

And I'm renaming the thread. Now it's just my ships in general.

MOTHERF!@#ING LIGHT SHIPS:
    L-002 Swarm Drone "Bee"
    The "Bee" as it's known is the lightest official ship in the yard, while it's quite useless by itself, it does have cheapness and small size gong for it. It has a slightly reinforced frontal hull (extra layers in laymen terms), a left-mounted missile launcher, and a right mounted beam cannon. it also features a cockpit, where the A.I. is located in front of the "core".
    Pictures:

GODD!@# MEDIUMISH SHIPS:
    M-002 Blockade-Runner "Centurial Peregrine"
    The "Centurial Peregrine" is an odd ship, asymmetrical, disc-shaped engine block, and a flat front, but it will loyally serve any buyer until the end as a great blockade runner. While it's not as maneuverable as a fighter, nor armored as a capital, it'll protect you as long as you protect it. Plus, it can also act as a really good brawler, due to it's frontally reinforced cockpit that'll ensure you can stay in the fight, powerful capacitor banks, and fairly strong weaponry. It also has retractable engine armor!
    Pictures:

GIGANTIC F!@#ALL SHIPS AND S!@#:

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    THAT F*****G SUCKS YOU MAGGOT!!!!!!

just kidding, I can't even see the images right now (for a couple of reasons) but the hilarious text alone merited a like. You can expect some actual brutal criticism tomorrow :P

Reaction score
    So how huge? Yo mamma? Makes sun orbit around it? Long as a piece of string?

Also you have a lot of 'huge titan' projects to compete with so good luck.

Reaction score
    that I do!

It's current iteration is about 1500~ meters long, give or take a few dozen. Its' width be aboot 200 as well. Planned height is maybe...140 or so, in my mind, but its' currently about 20 for now, I'll be adding bridgey bits and missile tubes so that should give most of the height.

The current "plan" for the titan is a XL sized combat vessel with loads of dakka, and large hanger bays, it'll be the flagship for a small fleet, and be a "mobile ruler-ship" for any empire(s) I plan on building. So it's gonna be ornate as f*** and Swag as possible, is what I'm trying to convey.

Sincerely, LeHitGuy

Reaction score
    I like the style you have going, and I very much like the idea of having purpose-built structures, like the jump-drive rings. The addition of the yellow hazard stripes is a nice touch, and shows an eye to detail often missing in new builders. It also looks like you are designing all-out combat ships. If that is your goal, armor can serve to increase the effectiveness of shields. Unless this has changed, the "damage reduction" offered by armor extends to the shields covering that armor, so shield over armor is 50% more effective than shield over normal hull. (someone please correct me if I am wrong)

Constructive criticism:
    One of the old master shipbuilders, who came down with a bad case of "real life" was named mr. Vec. There is still one of his old ships available on the content area. ( http://starmadedock.net/content/authors/mistervec.264863/ ) I admire his work very much, and he did some things that I wish more players would emulate. Among them was the "two material" palate. Make your base hull of one material, then over the top of that layer on shapes of armor. If you leave some of the underlying material visible, it makes a very nice effect.
    You are already making purpose driven structures, keep it up! Many players just make their ship look nice, then include a lump of engines, a lump of weapons, and fill the rest of the interior with shields and power. Resist this temptation! If you like to think of the things you are building as true ships and not just pretty models, please continue to make engine structures, power structures, weapon structures, etc.
    Finally, and this is just personal preference, think about the "people" that would nominally crew your ships. Crew are not really a thing yet, but they are coming. Consider leaving rooms for crew necessities, and ways for the crew to access all ship's systems as though they were really needed for maintenance. I call this a personal choice, because the percentage of ship space devoted to "decorative" crew areas varies widely between players. I personally favor building for crew first and utility second, but that may not be your cup of tea.

Anyhow, your work looks promising, and I will follow your career with great interest.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    You might want to cover up those jump drives.

If your shields go down and one module is even hit it will reset the charge making escape impossible

Reaction score
    I love your reply cyrilic guy, but I don't know how to type cyrilic so I don't know how to type your name..so that's a bummer.

Anyway, yes, I do plan on having individual "structures" more or less on the titan, at-least, mainly, the main hull, it'll have the main guns kind of jut out then "merge" into it, current count is five "ripper cannons" . I plan on having somewhat "individual" engines, and of course I'll add "shield projector" bits, because I wanna see what I can come up with.

The hull idea, that you mentioned is interesting, but I don't wanna just blatantly copy someone, that's dickish. I'm a man, not a copy-f***.

And yes, I do plan on having crew spaces and stuff, although they might look horrendous because I'm a bumbling jack*** when it comes to interior design.

Edit: That'll be accounted for in later revisions Thadius, thanks for the info!
    Oh and your name is cool I might stea- BE INSPIRED by it and make a ship named after you, it's really cool.

Sincerely, LeHitGuy.

P.S. I'm greatly honored how a seeming long-timer such as yourself sees notable things in me, I'm tearing up for reals at this, most communities think I'm a f**got!

Reactions: Reilly Reese

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Is that the stig?

Also I would def throw in some other colors.

Dem warp rings.

But yeah break up the hull a bit more too.

Reaction score
    Noted VanHelzing, I'm gonna retrofit the older designs anywaay, and yes, I do plan on armoring jump drives more.

Sincerely, LeHitGuy.

P.S. Yes it's the stig.[DOUBLEPOST=1414230951,1414228105][/DOUBLEPOST]An update is upon us!

Reaction score
    Cutaway frame is still too box-like. Avoid long straightaways, they become boring. Add some interest, make the hull shape irregular, something other than a box.

The box will kill you. Literally. Learn to hate the box. Let the hate flow through you.
    That's right.... USE YOUR HATE!

Reaction score
    Just because the frame is boxy doesn't mean the ship will be.

Not necessarily...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    ah man, Dutch Guy ( i'm making sure you know i'm from the Netherlands so you know the reason for any weird spelling/phrasing mistakes) "warning" you in advance: Do not build your Titan like that! make a wireframe of the whole thing (or parts of the whole thing), or draw something out on paper or start at the back ( or front, but thats just personal preference ), because ( in my personal experience ) building a large ship like that will become very tedious/boring (especially if the shape turns out crappy or you have no idea how to fill in the blank space between one end of the ship and the other one).

(here comes the compliments) You are a good builder.

Reaction score
    Thanks xandervm, but it's all part of the plan. It's gonna look either extremely badass, or very, very stupid.

(And you sound fine, to a southern jackass such as myself, anyway).

Sincerely, LeHitGuy

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Find a defining shape and give it a story. From there, have fun. There's a crap load of ideas and resources on this site. From the room list, to the drone thread, to the logic.

Reaction score
    Is it killy?

Tried to make it roight dakka killy and dead 'ard, y'stinkin grot.

Reaction score
    Terrible. You suck. Worst ever.

They are actually really well-made ships in my honest opinion. =)

Reaction score
    Danke, I'll PRUIFY THEM BY FIRE RIP AND FUCKING TEEAAAR RRRRARRRGHR

(thanks for the compliment, but yeah please be moar specific next time)

Reaction score
    Still very flat. You need to un-flat it. Give it interest. Angles. Dynamics. It's too straight. Add more color. It ate all the cookies. It fucked my girl. It drank all the milk.