Krutzel-ships

Reaction score
    So, as I yesterday started my largest build ever, I thought I'd like you guys to follow and do criticism! :)

The ship was originally intended to be a miner, but when I saw the shape, I had to militarize it.
    This means the core has been placed very bad for the type of ship, but whatever. :)

My main foci is aesthetics, roleplay, then efficiency, in the order listed.

Ship's 225 meters long as of now, which I think will be close to final length.

Still very rough, but this is my outline, some filled to get a sneak peek.

Excited to see what I can fit in here. A little scout craft, maybe?
    I might do one more hangar on the side of the ship, that goes through the ship.

I don't know about the red - white christmassy design, but I'll leave it to see how it incorporates.

I'm gonna have to be more creative in the basic shape of the front.
    Maybe pulling it more forward, so the wedged edges gets longer, and the flat front gets smaller

That's it for day one.
    So, comments are very welcome, this is my first build over 100 meters, and I might just need some help ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    nice, here is a tip, look at other people's build that you like, or ships on other games, and spawn them in, look up close at what the have done to create the details and effects that they have done, 100m isn't that big, however by looking at what you have build there is a lot of potential for you. always strive to finish your ship, don't just leave it, that is how a project dies.

really good beginning.
    blurb the awesome and powerful the first

Reaction score
    Thanks, I'll try that. I can often make shapes I never thought of, so It'll be good to see what people have done.

No, 100 meters is not that long, but 250 meters is long for me :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    Thanks, I'll try that. I can often make shapes I never thought of, so It'll be good to see what people have done.

No, 100 meters is not that long, but 250 meters is long for me :)
    Look at tenk11kamikaza ships they are normally very detailed, also look at the halo ones, Dalmont has very good details, NuclearFun has incredibly beefy ships and I have fairly detailed ships on my page (page 2 is the Titan) hope this is helpful http://starmadedock.net/threads/apophis-shipyards-mkii.3165/

Reaction score
    Things are slowly coming together, here's a of bit progress

Filling the armor plates really helps getting a sense of what's going on, and where I'm going
    In the bottom I have started outlining the lower "buildings".
    Not quite sure how to proceed with them, but time will show

I'm positively surprised by how the buildings on top looks.
    I wasn't beliveing much in the simple design, but it seems to work.

Any thoughts? :)

Still need to fix the front...

A friend of mine made me a small fighter to put inside the hangar. Neat!
    Really looking forward to building the interior.

Still, any tougths are very welcome

First try at detailing the middle part.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    So, a little update!

I'm hoping to get away with the plain brown,black,red armor plates, by adding lots of details in the "soft" parts.
    I might have to break the armor up a bit though.

I made the second hangar, exiting to both sides in the middle of the ship. Fly-through!

Yep, problem. This is not good, and I'm kind of stuck on how to do the trusters in such a big boxy ship..
    Help..? :)

Ignore the shapes I drew, they are just experiments

The shape drawn closet to camera is me trying tfind a good side thruster design.
    Again, not much progress. Suggestions are welcome!

Third place I'm stuck.
    This I will redesign once I get inspired

I like the effect from the antennas. Only the last rod is on.

That's it for day... 3. 4? Ugh..

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Lovely ship. I'd stick to a circular jet engine design for the engines, just to break up and provide a stark contrast to the flat sides and straight lines.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1420355692,1420354631][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, the detailing is just excellent for a 100m ship. What are you going to do about the larger tower-like structure on the bottom?

Reactions: Krutzelpuntz
    Reaction score
    Also, the detailing is just excellent for a 100m ship.
    What are you going to do about the larger tower-like structure on the bottom?
    Thanks. :) - fun thing, a lot of the details are inspired by UNSC Infinity

I don't have any concrete plans for that part, what you see is an outline of a grey tower coming up from the black platform.
    This is not necessarily what I will do, and I am open to good suggestions, if anybody get's inspired!

By the way, it is more like 250m long, I made a 100m ship which seems very small now :)
    Probably could show that one here too..

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Aight, due to moving back and forth, all my builds are stuck on a local server 60 km away..
    Until I can figure out a way to continue this piece of ship, I have started a smaller build.

It has come out rather interesting, and I thought it is worth a share. :)

I'm trying out some different techniques, and I hope to be able to use my experiences in the larger build.
    lenght: aprox. 150m
    starmade-screenshot-0029.png
    I really like the armor-soft part design, and it will probably take some time before I get over it ;)
    starmade-screenshot-0025.png
    Front to the right!
    starmade-screenshot-0027.png
    :eek:
    Does these attachment thingeys even work?

Edit.. Yup

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    If you are gonna be moving around a bit, might I suggest installing your starmade onto dropbox? That way it is sync'd to a server and with you where ever you may go, from computer to computer. Just an idea

Reactions: Krutzelpuntz
    Reaction score
    If you are gonna be moving around a bit, might I suggest installing your starmade onto dropbox? That way it is sync'd to a server and with you where ever you may go, from computer to computer. Just an idea
    Good idea. My laptop is moving with me though, I just forgot to save the blueprints to my local drive. :(

Thank you for the suggestion though, and you inspired me to save my blueprints on dropbox, as a backup!