Krakhan Industries Shipyard - 1km Ship in Progress

Reaction score
    Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the Krakhan Industries Shipyard - A shipyard devoted to designing high quality, beautiful ships, with full interiors, and armor with the aesthetic of "cut with a laser cutter and bent to shape"

I've already designed a small carrier with room for 8 small fighters and a large one, and an internal runway for launching ships both off the bow and stern of the ship. It also has two ports for the 'standard' Krakhan turrets. Currently both the small and large fighters haven't been developed, but will have work begin soon.

My current WIP is a colossal civilian ship - designed for having a massive crew to pilot drones and to be fully sustainable food wise, to go with the full interior. It will have escape pods, and two massive turrets - big enough to warrant crew quarters for their pilots. So far I have drawn a plan and built about 90% of the wire frame. Pictures are coming soon.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    You say "civilian ship" but you're going to add two turrets so massive that they "warrant crew quarters for their pilots." That sounds like a warship to me.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You say "civilian ship" but you're going to add two turrets so massive that they "warrant crew quarters for their pilots." That sounds like a warship to me.
    Civilian Ships still need to defend themselves. Especially colony ships.

I look forward to seeing some photos

Reaction score
    Civilian Ships still need to defend themselves. Especially colony ships.

I look forward to seeing some photos
    Yeah, It does need defense - the ship will have rapid access defenses (for the crew), so if pirates or the like attack, it will be a fast response.
    Even if they are big pirates, or another faction in to attack. the main ship itself will be weaponless, but will have some heavy shields and armor

I would like to add a picture, but I can't figure out how to add an image...
    Help?

Edit:
    Figured it out

The front orange part isn't done - it needs to be bent down still, but that will take time...
    As will making the whole thing solid...

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I approve this ship due to the fact that it has curves. Also your idea to bend the front down will look truly awesome if done right!

Reaction score
    Hello Again!

I've done some more work on the civilian ship - started to solidify the wire frame, and started to build some of the curves...
    Might have underestimated the time it takes to make curves look good in Starmade...
    If you look on the far side of the ship, you can see what curves look like done wrong, but that will be covered by the hull on top of the ship.

Next step is to finish hull plating on the front, and begin to begin laying out the interior. After that - detail.

Not sure what to name it yet - any suggestions?

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    Hello!

I have come up with a design for a new ship - I've drawn it up, and it should look cool in Starmade. The main feature is it is a virticle ship, and is set to be roughly 300 meters tall, 125 wide and about 50 long. It will be a ship designed to be solitary, and armed with swarm missiles.
    It should look imposing - I have seen a bunch of mid sized virtical ships, and they are fairly scary to have on your tail. I think a cruiser sized one would be worse - especially if it has the power to back it up. I'm going to continue with drawing it out and laying out the interior on paper before I begin work, because on my current build I found out having a poor idea of the interior layout can waste a lot of time in game.

With the weekend coming up, I will have plenty of time to work on the Civilian ship some more (maybe finish the basic shape and interior), and upload some pictures of some of my previous builds, along with time to draw up some more design ideas. I have a sheet of grid paper I'm drawing up plans on, just the sides of random ships that spring to mind, and the ones that look good I can put more time into, until I have a fleet of ships that can be quickly built in game.

Reaction score
    Hello!

This weekend I made a ship!
    It is about 300 blocks long, but the systems aren't finished - so stats will come later

For now, here it is!

Engines:

Airlock:

Crew Cabins:

Crew Cabins

Hologram and Gunner Room

Corridor/Core Room

Sorry for having symmetry planes and placement blocks visible - not sure how to fix that

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Looking good there, still needs polishing.

As for the planes and the placement indicator, you can get rid of those by hitting tab+G before taking the screenshots. Plus, with the HUD gone it's easier to find a good composition.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hello!

This weekend I made a ship!
    It is about 300 blocks long, but the systems aren't finished - so stats will come later

For now, here it is!

Engines:

Airlock:

Crew Cabins:

Crew Cabins

Hologram and Gunner Room

Corridor/Core Room

Sorry for having symmetry planes and placement blocks visible - not sure how to fix that
    That front part reminds me of my Blizzard...

Reaction score
    That front part reminds me of my Blizzard...
    I'll admit - my style did take inspiration from your ships. My orange hull is designed similar to your blue - it was something I instinctively did when I began to play starmade again after watching the forums for a while. But it is because it looks epic - something done with a laser, and easy to mass produce, sort of what my shipyard is going for.
    What I'm saying is... You have nice ships.

Last edited:

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I'll admit - my style did take inspiration from your ships. My orange hull is designed similar to your blue - it was something I instinctively did when I began to play starmade again after watching the forums for a while. But it is because it looks epic - something done with a laser, and easy to mass produce, sort of what my shipyard is going for.
    What I'm saying is... You have nice ships.
    I'm totally fine with that. In fact, I'm a little honoured.

Reaction score
    Hello yet again!

Sorry for leaving the Big Ship to gather dust - it is hard to find enough time to make it seem worthwhile to work on it.

But for now - I have a new wire frame to show you. It is for something I have rarely seen - a large, combat focused vertical ship. It is about 250 tall and 150 wide at the moment, but it will get taller with time - I have the proportions a little off.

More updates soon.

Reaction score
    Update!

I have done the bottom section (half?) almost completely. Here is the ship now!

The tubes with a red front and blue back are missile silos - they are all going to be heat seeking.

the front face is a bit too flat for my liking - but I don't know how to fix this without a complete redesign. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
    Hello again everyone!

Sorry for the massive update gap - my PC started dying and I had loads of work to. (It's fixed now)

Some things in the works:
    Finishing the vertical ship (~10 days)
    New 49x9x9 'standard' power reactors (to have ~ 1.2 million regen) (~10 days)
    Two support ships, both fairly small - the smallest is like a construction/truck ship, the other larger one a mining ship (also looking like a truck) (~5 days)
    The turrets for the city ship - and a combat version of the entire thing! (30 days+)

And of course, a bunch of other stuff I come up with.