Kraken class GCU (WIP)

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hello all.

This is the latest and greatest ship of mine to date and is an effective return to an model that was made obsolete by the missile update. It is also my first experiment with docked power supply modules so it's really a research ship as much as general contact unit (generally I avoid names like frigate, cruiser...ect. at the moment because I really don't know what they mean. The designation of contact or offensive unit is not related to size but to the weapon systems. Contact units will have more elaborate and diverse systems while offensive units will have fewer weapons but of a larger calibre).

The hull design is base on the idea of raised ridges mitigating explosive damage and so far it seems to help once shields are down. More testing is needed. It has nor real interior yet but I'm working on it. It does have 2 small docking bays and a main logic room but could use some organization. Anyway here it is.

So far the main weapons are geared for mid-long range anti-station activity. It has a MK II Kraken logic powered ion cannon and swarm torpedoes system that is made to be used simultaneously with the heavy targeted weapons. 8 upper and lower missile turrets will eliminate fighter wings while a comprehensive point defence keeps you safe from missiles. Defence is further increased by the addition of external armor plating to protect engines and other critical areas. The ship is 16000 mass with equivalent thrust and 140 meters long. It has 4 million armor points at the moment.
    starmade-screenshot-0418.jpg
    starmade-screenshot-0414.jpg
    starmade-screenshot-0402.jpg
    starmade-screenshot-0406.jpg
    starmade-screenshot-0404.jpg
    starmade-screenshot-0412.jpg
    starmade-screenshot-0410.jpg

These are the docked reactors extended along a rail system for easy docking and removal for upgrading.
    starmade-screenshot-0422.jpg
    starmade-screenshot-0420.jpg

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    Interesting design. It looks like you spent a lot of time thinking about it.

Nice coloring as well.

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Interesting design. It looks like you spent a lot of time thinking about it.

Nice coloring as well.
    Thank you. Funnily enough I think most players feel my ships are blocky and kind of ugly. I tend to build for performance and not looks but on this ship the two converged nicely. Thanks for the feedback.