KoTOR Hammerhead Cruiser 2.0 - Dedicated Progress Thread

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Hey guys, this week is the 1 year anniversary of when I built my first large ship, the Hammerhead Cruiser from KoTOR. Upon looking back, I realized it was not only outdated and ineffective, but also horribly ugly and unscaled (1/2 of how big it should be).

As a sort of celebration of my improvement as a starmade builder, I thought it would be fun to remake it and see not only how my building style has improved over time, but also see how it has changed. I also wanted to document my build progress as a sort of visual tutorial if anyone wishes to observe or critic my system.

Very first Hammerhead from 2013:

The following is a record of my progress on my current hammerhead:

Initial outline of head:

Basic Blocky skeleton filling:

Smoothing, shaping, and coloring:

Greebling and turret making:

Further Skeleton mapping:

Current Status and even more gun making:

If anyone has any questions or wishes for a specific image, feel free to let me know. As with all my ships, a download will be posted when finished.
    Keep building guys!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Well i'd say your original is still a very good looking ship, amazing for a very early build. The head isnt up to scratch with the rest of it though.
    The new ship is shaping up to look amazing, really liking it so far.

I like it when people do threads like this, its interesting to see the process someone else goes through. The main thing i thought here was that i wouldn't usually finish one section before doing the skeleton for the rest, but it seems like it works well for you. :)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    I wish that ship was a guy, so I could have sex with it.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I agree with Cybertooth, threads like these are awesome! I am gonna really enjoy watching your progress.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    You're making me to switch back to an Old Republic Themed faction D:, but i won't because it would be too lame to change again :/.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hey guys, sorry about the lack of updates, I got kinda bored of murdering my right mouse button so I decided to take a break from the hammerhead t0 make one of my other favorite republic ships, this time from the MMO "The Old Republic". This ship is called the "Defender-Class Light Corvette" and is the ship you get as a jedi after you spend all day xp farming to rank up. This ship's interior is based entirely off the one in game (It actually fits!) and is wholly duked out with a fully up to date weapons system, ready and prepared to travel the galaxy and spread the word of the Jedi. This may be the start of a new speed building series by me as I actually started and finished it in 6 hours flat. Keep in mind that I'm good at building ships but suck at outfitting them so it won't be super efficient, but it'll get the job done.

As usual download is on my multiverse: http://www.starmademultiverse.com/files/file/147-defender-class-light-corvette-the-old-republic/

A little WIP shot I did. I was gonna try and take more but I forgot!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Cool, think you can make the Valor Class Cruiser in the future?
    I was planning on doing it after I remake the Foray-Class blockade runner. The lack of reference pictures and official lengths makes it a bit daunting, as well as the fact that the ship is super curvy, however I think I can manage it.

Reactions: Equilibrium21
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I'm sure it's easier than you think, the only curves you need to make is the armor in some parts of the ship