Korke's Q&A

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Quick-Link to my application

I was trying to find a way for making cooperative threads for groups of candidates replying to questions together (so the Council forum section don't end like this mess now), but looks like it ain't gonna work. So, well, here's my Q&A thread. I will try to reply to any questions placed here as soon as I can.

Reaction score
    1st of all, cheers and good luck, my brazilian friend!)
    Tell us a little about your server admin experience, how does it feel, what did it bring to your life?

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    1st of all, cheers and good luck, my brazilian friend!)
    Tell us a little about your server admin experience, how does it feel, what did it bring to your life?
    Thanks a lot, and good luck to you too.
    Well, this is going to be a long one. I hope people don't go "tl;dr" with that - but I'll try my best to sum it up and not make it too big. If anybody wants to know more about it, just make a specific question regarding this time.

Considering the fact that I've never had been an admin, much less a co-owner of any server from any game before, I consider my time on Illusive as a positive one. I did a lot of mistakes, but also a lot of good things during my time. It was very unexpected for us to become one of the most popular servers of the time (mid-to-late 2013's) due to our lack of staff numbers and a very poor server provider (verygames). We also didn't had those fancy things most servers do have today such as wrappers, yet we were there, at top 5 on starmade-servers.

The experience made me change the way I saw some of the things. Some conflicts like " what is fair x what is pay to win " or " is vote rewards a fair thing " have proven to be even more difficult to deal.

It was sad when I had to quit and give the server back to LeonWales (original "owner") right when 2014 started (January 2). The whole thing was being the focus of my life, because I was unemployed and idle, not studying, not doing anything. Illusive was all I had, my only door to feel worthy at all, and suddenly, I've got called to a job and got approved to one of the best universities of my country, so Real Life had to come first eventually. Unfortunately, the server has perished some time after my departure.