Knowledge for Knowlege's Sake, and a sincere appologie

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I have been working with a concept of a ship that would contain a full functional version of the board game battleship. It cant be finished (at least by me).

The logic is mostly in place(sorta), and I know how to finish it. The Problem is when loading in this monstrosity in to the game the logic is, A. Broken(not fun) B. Change/Rewired(even more not fun) C. Takes 10 min to load(the least of the 3 evils).

I made a post on the general page a long while back asking people if I should continue this project despite problem C (I hadn't found A and B yet). I tried but I am personally not capable of finishing this project.

I apologize to anyone who saw this ship and desired its creation, I apologize for being unable to complete something new, and I apologize for creating false hope.

Never the less, Knowledge for Knowledge's sake, here is the download for what I could not complete for anyone to attempt to finish, reverse engineer it, or just destroy.

http://starmadedock.net/content/battleship-ship.1715/

If at any point logic is improved, I will comeback to this project. But until then, back to building normal ships.

Reaction score
    We want apology cookies.

Damn that logic looks complicated, yet so neat and symmetrical. Good job there.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It's rare to see any logic-based minigames. Great job.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    I suspect this could be one of the awesomest things ever if we could get it to work. Actually, considering the in depth nature of this work.. I'd suggest adding any issues you've found in the logic to the bug list. It can be found at bugs.star-made.org. I'd go even farther and maybe contact @AndyP about getting some of the logic kinks nailed down for a fix. Let's see this bad-boy in action!

(inb4 you sank my battle ship)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    This is a real ship. It was created really fast so it is not efficient. It was only built as a quick funny ship. I can attempt to refit and redo the hull making it an actually formidable ship.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    I'd still like to encourage you to get in contact with the head of the tester group and see if some of these logic issues can't be ironed out. You seem to have a knack for novelty ships and we can use more of that. Fewer PvP bricks and more showy lego mindstorm stuff.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This should be the official benchmark ship for the game's logic engine.