Bug kills my i7!!

Reaction score
    well i have a i7-2600k and it get to over go over 40-60% in usage and my coling dosent support that it gets over 90+C. that aint right there is something wrong

Reaction score
    Well if you're cooling doesn't support your i7 while being used between 40-60% it's not the game's fault !

Either the thermal paste is too old or your computer is either full of dust or have its vents unprogrammed.

Anyway, I don't think StarMade support can be of much help on the subject ...

Reaction score
    well in battlefield hardline it runs at 10-20% in callofduty ghost its 10-25% in starmade its 40-60%

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    60% is still not heavy usage. You've got cooling problems. You either need to get a new cooler, or replace the thermal paste.

Reaction score
    well in battlefield hardline it runs at 10-20% in callofduty ghost its 10-25% in starmade its 40-60%
    Sure, because Starmade is programmed in JAVA while the others are in C/C++.
    Also, they use a lot more graphic memory than Starmade

Last edited:

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Your standard triple-A FPS is not :
    • Calculating full box physics and collisions for entities that can be any size and shape
    • Made by 1 man from the ground up
    • In alpha

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    corsair h60 hydro all new
    I can't believe I have to say this, but have you not considered your new cooling system is the cause of the heating issue? Perhaps it is not set up properly.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Ok well you really shouldnt be having any heat problems with that. When you say its new, i guess you've fitted it yourself? You might want to get the thing appart again and check it out, something definatly isnt right.

Reaction score
    no its installed right my friend with a i7 got the same issu not the overheating but the insane load on the cpu "he has full water cooling"

Reaction score
    So, if his water cooling system won't let his CPU overheat and yours would, your system is installed correctly?

Reactions: Admiral.Piett

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The load is not insane. The game has to do a large amount of physics calculations, unlike Battlefield.

I'm thinking you forgot to use thermal paste.

Reaction score
    I have a terribly cooled laptop with overheating issues (G73JH model from Asus) that uses my CPU up to 80% and i don't ever overheat. Remove any overclocking and make sure your cooling is working properly, I am almost certain it isn't working.

Reaction score
    mads444 I assume you've assemble the pc yourself.
    Have you chosen a big enough power source ? ( especially if you have 2 graphics card in SLI ) It might cause the cooling system no to run at his maximum efficiency.
    Else, try lowering the setting in Starmade launcher to increase performance. Therefore, CPU usage would lower.

Reaction score
    its all installed correctly my power source is more than enough the point is not its overhgeating forget that the point is that it takes that big of a load on my cpu

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    A game that has to calculate complex physics several times a second is going to put decent load on the CPU. There is no way around that.

Reaction score
    Mads, It's a physics based game, I have an i7-4770k and with stock air cooling it tops out at 49C when ambient is 30C and I'm using onboard graphics, your CPU uses 11watts more power then mine, but I'd guess you may have too thick a layer of thermal paste between your CPU and water cooling block.