Killa's Ships

Reaction score
    After a 24 hour shift at work, I finally had some time to start building ships and playing with the logic systems.

Here is what I got so far.
    This was my attempt at recreating Sven's smart Airlock from one of his logic videos. The logic systems may not be the same, but except for a minor glitch the functionality is almost the same.
    Coming soon
    So far I am building it based off the Imperial-II Class Star Destroyer. Right now the ship is a little over 600x160x400. The hull is nearly complete. Got a small section around the ventral hanger that needs smoothing out. Then the outside will be complete.
    Finished the engines finally. I may change the colors/look of the exhaust ports, but the shapes/sizes will stay the same.
    Here is a view of the back. Still need to add some definition to the back to get rid of the smoothness. Put in the turret docking units for the radar/scanning dishes.
    Info coming soon...
    This ship was designed and built by Aesir Drives to be the backbone of the Imperial Navy. The dimensions were kept to a minimum to lower the production costs. The Imperiator features advanced armor plating, with vital areas featuring double plating, 6 turbo lasers capable of eating through armored ships, and 4 hellfire drone pods should your ship get swarmed.
    The Imperiator is capable of standalone operations on the outskirts of your territory. They can also be formed up as part of a group or fleet to destroy another factions base of operations.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    An update on my progress.

The bridge/comm tower is complete. I think... Can see partially the raised portions of the deck. Unlike in the movies, the raised decks will contain control rooms instead of being the location of the ships weapons.
    Current Update

Finished the layout of the raised decks. Just got to go back through and smooth it all out. Not sure what I'll make the raised decks out to be. Possibly officer quarters or dignitary quarters.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Nice start there. Are you planning on adding any color?

Reaction score
    Nice start there. Are you planning on adding any color?
    Yea, I plan on adding color after I get the shell done. How and where I haven't decided yet. I plan on adding some more greeble to the ship along with comm arrays, solar panels, ect. Hopefully that will help with breaking up all the grey.

Reaction score
    Update on the ship. The shell is pretty much complete. Now comes the long and hard process. Using wedges to smooth it out. I'm thinking I may have not made the tail end wide enough compared to the length, but that may also be due to the angle of the photo. Any how, there's nothing I can do about that now.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Finally after 4 days the shell is complete. The final dimensions are 626 x 167 x 413 and took 371695 grey hull to create. Finished the greeble on the sides. Now to start on the interior and painting the top of the ship. Hopefully the ship will be operational by this weekend.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Looks really nice!

To improve the detailing on the sides, try to break up the XZ symmetry.
    Amazing build speed too! :)

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Finally found a shell of the ship I've been wanting to build. The shell was created by Encoded. This is my attempt at coloring it and adding systems.
    Oh gimmmegimmeegimme that link. Or wherever you got it from.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    How did the coloring go? Seems like it needs a lot of touch up work.

Reaction score
    How did the coloring go? Seems like it needs a lot of touch up work.
    The ships seems to be a straight pull from SMEDIT (which I have no issues against. Makes building complex ships much faster and easier.) I have gotten a lot more of the ship colored and touched up. Just haven't taken any recent pictures to post yet.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    The ships seems to be a straight pull from SMEDIT (which I have no issues against. Makes building complex ships much faster and easier.) I have gotten a lot more of the ship colored and touched up. Just haven't taken any recent pictures to post yet.
    Yeah, I actually think someone 3d scanned their peuter model and SMEdit'ed it (can I use it as a verb? No? whatever), would expaine a lot on the condition of the hull. Smoothing out my ship right now, its a pain but it's progressing. Turns out my symmetrical front on Sketchup was not symmetrical in starmade :/ Twice the work XD

Finished the front underside, now time to work on the front top. I am starting to not like the hazard decal, and I think I will remove it and put much smaller decal their. Yeah... looking at it now after standing back... it looks BAD...

Reaction score
    Yeah, I actually think someone 3d scanned their peuter model and SMEdit'ed it (can I use it as a verb? No? whatever), would expaine a lot on the condition of the hull. Smoothing out my ship right now, its a pain but it's progressing. Turns out my symmetrical front on Sketchup was not symmetrical in starmade :/ Twice the work XD

Finished the front underside, now time to work on the front top. I am starting to not like the hazard decal, and I think I will remove it and put much smaller decal their. Yeah... looking at it now after standing back... it looks BAD...
    Man, that ship looks sweet. Where did you find that at?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1424852762,1424852618][/DOUBLEPOST]Here is a status update on the ship.

The interior of the ship. I always like looking inside and seeing how different the hull patterns look.

And here is the exterior. I am liking the way it's coming out. I have replaced ~40k of the 100k standard grey hull.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    What are you going to do with the small recessed turrets? Normal AI, or anti-missile ai? Or, are they not turrets and will they just be part of the broadside?

Reaction score
    What are you going to do with the small recessed turrets? Normal AI, or anti-missile ai? Or, are they not turrets and will they just be part of the broadside?
    I haven't fully decided on how to go about the turrets. I thought about doing some small anti-missile turrets for looks. But, that would require digging into the sides of the ship a bit.

Reaction score
    Been busy at work, but here's an update. Almost finished with the hull.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Had a couple hours to do some updating. The coloring of the hull is now complete. Work on the interior has been started. So far the ship features conference rooms, armories, security check points, control rooms, and computer rooms. The bridge is too small to make anything useful out of it, so I believe I'll be leaving that area the way I have it now.

View looking down the front of the ship.

And what the view is from the bridge.

Last edited:
    Reactions: JimmyJamba