Kill a ship or just maul it?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I think the most evil is to dock/place a lot of small cores which are your own in it, rename them to "Teamkill", and pull it between the enemy home-base and spawn (or some other well-known location).

Teamkill, because their turrets will shot their own ship by trying to destroy your cores.
    But it will be difficult to place them without killing the faction module or dying before you can get away. Maybe use a cloak-jammed ship to push your cores in it? :mad:
    Oh, I kinda did that once. I was in a tiny ship and the enemy base turrets were shooting me so I just dodged and hid behind a big enemy ship.
    The turret eventually cracked the shields and I had fun moving around behind cover (basically getting the bigger ship damaged all over).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    If you manage to take out their weapons computer, that's pretty much it. If I had a choice, I'd cripple the ship, pocket all their power generators and take out all but one thruster with a melon baller. Gotta make em' work for it to get an empty shell back home ;)

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Once I used a cloak/jammed ship to hide behind an enemy building (on their planet, which was not homed) and the turrets of a much larger ship to cheaply kill an enemy base.

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score

Let's just say I refused to repair the Roma after a few volleys from MrFURB... :p

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    what kind of monster did he use to take out that shjp IN A FEW VOLLEYS???
    It was Fire come to think of it, he had this big-ass triangle with some massive AMC arrays.

Furby didn't fare much better than me tho after a big fight ^^

Reactions: Keptick

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    It was Fire come to think of it, he had this big-ass triangle with some massive AMC arrays.

Furby didn't fare much better than me tho after a big fight ^^

Hahahaha, that would be a pain to salvage! I'd really enjoy a good fight with you guys if I had a decently sized ship. Well... I do have a 125m long ship, a 55mass drone and an empty 1.27km long shell (for now ;) ).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    To kill ships...
    I let the turrets kill the attacker and its turrets, then i core drill it and make it dissapear.
    http://imgur.com/9aFLmtI (Outdated pic, currently it has 2 big turret tubes that are 200 meters long on the sides, and those turrets.)
    Or if im on a big brick somehow-not-lagging, i just shoot it and leave it heavily damaged.
    http://imgur.com/PzlbF5v

D

Deleted member 301635

Depends on the ship. If it's a well-known blueprint from the website, I wreck it beyond all use, and leave the wreck floating around the owner's base, simply to teach them a lesson. If it's a custom design, then I'll try to take it with minimal damage.

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    if they have pissed me off in the past, i will try to leave it with an intact "skin" but, with nothing in side. And if i fell genorus i just go for the core drill.

Reaction score
    Ehh I always turn damaged foe vessels into drones. Nothing sucks more than having your own projects hunting you down.

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    I'm a salvager at heart. Every ship I see unattended, and not docked to home base, without a faction module (or with one if it's sufficiently ill-protected, hostile, or breaking server rules) will be reduced to materials. Bonus points if it's full of hardened hull.
    Unfortunately, I've discovered that even salvaging every hardened-hull-covered ship in sight still leaves me without enough to build a reasonably sized corvette with a decent interior since everyone seems to like things utterly cramped or even interior-less (oftentimes on cubes hundreds of meters across or fighters), so for the time being I've taken up faction module production via cubatoms for buying ships with ridiculous amounts of money.

Reaction score
    I prefer black hull and grey hull (split both, a refine step is needed on two of the results, then you can fabricate faction modules. You'll be left with an extra useless cubatom, but that's no problem), because then I can salvage a mostly-destroyed abandoned space station (people often mine out the power/glass foolishly thinking that's the valuable part) and get enough to keep myself rich forever. I don't like messing up ice planets; they're too beautiful.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Depends on the ship. If it's a well-known blueprint from the website, I wreck it beyond all use, and leave the wreck floating around the owner's base, simply to teach them a lesson. If it's a custom design, then I'll try to take it with minimal damage.
    i do the same

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I blow stuff up if i feel like(or if they are enemies, i just destroy it without thinking)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Oh, I kinda did that once. I was in a tiny ship and the enemy base turrets were shooting me so I just dodged and hid behind a big enemy ship.
    The turret eventually cracked the shields and I had fun moving around behind cover (basically getting the bigger ship damaged all over).
    Sorry for double posting, but..
    That was my ship right?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I usually play singleplayer, as my location is conveniently very far away from all the large servers. However, I did have a dogfight over LAN with a friend of mine using identical fighters . . . It was incredibly fun, although I absoluteley mauled the other ship without even losing the shields on mine . . . My friend had very little experience with Starmade, and was somehow a worse pilot than me ^-^

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Maul, definitely maul. I absolutely love how full RP style ships look when they have large holes gouged into them. Being able to look inside the ship and see each individual deck and the living spaces is just something to behold. It just gives much more a feeling of "this ship was once alive" and I don't think you get that same aspect looking at a dead block of systems.