Keep Account Logged In

Should this be added

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    On the old site, I would very rarely have to log in to my account again, and usually because I had restarted something. On this site, I often have to log in 3-5 times per HOUR. This is especially annoying because it always routes me to the news page, so I have to go find the topic again. I would love for there to be an option that keeps me logged in all the time, how it worked on the old site.

Nerixel

The Walrus
    Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    By logging in, do you have to type your username and password again, or does clicking on the Login button log you in automatically?
    The latter situation happens to me, on loading the forums I appear to be not logged in, but clicking the Log In button logs me in automatically.

I'm curious as to why this is too. It doesn't provide any additional security since I don't actually have to type my password or email in again, so there appears to be no enhancements because of it, only annoyances.

I think it logs you out when the session ends, aka when you close your browser. If your browser runs in the background (like mine, since I have a chrome extension that notifies me of Twitch livestreams), then the session won't end until you completely close Chrome.

(little tip: If it's the latter situation happens to you too, you can bookmark the link that the Log In button takes you to. When you want to go to the forums, use that bookmark instead and it'll log you in automatically)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    By logging in, do you have to type your username and password again, or does clicking on the Login button log you in automatically?
    The latter situation happens to me, on loading the forums I appear to be not logged in, but clicking the Log In button logs me in automatically.

I'm curious as to why this is too. It doesn't provide any additional security since I don't actually have to type my password or email in again, so there appears to be no enhancements because of it, only annoyances.

I think it logs you out when the session ends, aka when you close your browser. If your browser runs in the background (like mine, since I have a chrome extension that notifies me of Twitch livestreams), then the session won't end until you completely close Chrome.

(little tip: If it's the latter situation happens to you too, you can bookmark the link that the Log In button takes you to. When you want to go to the forums, use that bookmark instead and it'll log you in automatically)
    This is why it feels so pointless, because I AM just pushing a button. If I had to retype the password at least it would provide extra security, but this is just annoying.