JVM Crash when starting game

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey guys I got a problem,

StarMade seems to be a very nice game, so I downloaded it yesterday. But when I start the game and then press OK it closes automatically. The game starts, but there is only blackscreen and the game shuts down just after 1 second.

When I start it again, the following Message is shown:

A JVM crash has been detected

(If you have are already taken care fo the problem, you can ignore this message, and it won't show again).
    Otherwise: This crash is most likely caused by a graphics card driver error.
    I can“t really do much myself to ?x this kind of problem.

Updating your graphics card driver is the best change to solve the problem!
    The problem is 99% on Intel cards. lf you have an Intel card, plese try:
    http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detec/graphics

If it still doesn“t work you have to ?nd & download the driver manually from intel.com,
    since the update tool doesn't always supply the newest Version
    I hope this information helps you.

- schema

But here's my problem: I'm neither using an Intel Graphic's card (It's a nVidida GeForce gt430) nor using an onboard graphic card. (It's an AMD Athlon X II 250e).

I really hope that somebody is able to help me, since I really would like to play this game.

Sincerely, yours Joey_Crafter

PS: I am using Windows XP. Maybe that's the problem.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don\'t want to be impatient, but I would really like to play this game. I already updated my graphic\'s card drivers.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i get the same message im using a nvidia geforce 650m ive updated all my drivers and i cant find anything wrong with my machine im not even using a intel driver im sooooo angry i cant even touch the game, please fix this!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This problem is very irritating for me as I can\'t wait to get in to this game!

I have tried updating my driver, Installing a new driver but nothing works.

Please fix this ASAP for all those players for are excited to play as me!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A mate, who also tried to install this game, told me that he has this problem too. Seems to appear very often.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Me too, I have this problem, it\'s so bad, I\'ve purchase the game. The error report said this is a fatal error in the java runtime environment but my java is up to date, it\'s so strange. Please fix it

Reaction score
    Why don\'t you guys try helping to trouble shoot the issue.
    OS, graphics card, drivers, CPU, Java version

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'d definitely recommend checking and downloading the latest version of Java as the JVM is pretty much what every java program HAS to run on.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Cool de payer une putain de carte graphique intel pour que ce jeux de merde ne fonctionne pas a 99% des cas sur des intel go corriger le bug bande d\'incompetent

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Assuming that you have updated your graphics driver already, did you try uninstalling every version of java on your computer, and then specifically installing the newest 64-bit version? If you\'ve increased the amount of memory allocated to StarMade above a certain amount, the 32-bit version won\'t be good enough.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    those with old ATI graphics cards getting the JVM error (like me) should DOWNgrade. It fixed it for me, and I can play now (without the atmospheric shaders and shield thingies though, but it works).

Catalyst version 8.6 works the best. you can get it from the ati download page by clicking \'older versions/previous versions\' on the right side of the webpage.

Hope this helps!

~inSayne

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    i have a solution that may work for some people having trouble with a JVM crash at the loading screen. if you run in administrator mode it seems to work fine