JVM Crash, still a problem

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Recently, my computer died. It has since been replaced by a new one (the one I am currently using). On my old computer it would frequently tell me of a JVM Crash, I could do nothing to fix it because there was no patch for my Intel card. However, with my new computer the same message appears, the difference? I don't have an Intel card in this one. Which has led me to basically call bullshit on numerous things. But for the moment I will ask, how do I fix this problem?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Copied canned response from help.star-made.org

If you have another graphics-card in your computer, tell your computer to execute java via GPU only. (In the case of NVidia cards you can do this in the "NVidia Control center")
    Adding "javaw.exe" to the program list in the control center and setting it to 'GPU only' usually fixes it.
    This is the 'power saving GPU' that may have issues with full GL support and may cause the shaders to crash on startup.

You may also visit the site of the manufacturer of your graphics-card and get the latest beta drivers for your card, as the stock drivers usually update to 'safe' but not to 'optimized' versions for maximum performance and support of functions.

Also please install the 64bit Java Development Kit (JDK)
    some drivers seem to link against extended java functions the default Java Runtime Environment (JRE) does not support.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
    Check this page for downloads for your system. (Select 64 bit Offline for windows)

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Cool... Um... How do I do that? Sorry, I am not a very smart person.
    The first thing I recommend to try would be this, as it is the easiest:
    Also please install the 64bit Java Development Kit (JDK)
    some drivers seem to link against extended java functions the default Java Runtime Environment (JRE) does not support.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
    Check this page for downloads for your system. (Select 64 bit Offline for windows)
    Just click the link, choose the download fitting for your OS, and run the downloaded file.