Just some suggestions for the game

Reaction score
    Hey, im here to give you some IDEAS for the game, so if any developer is reading this please consider some of the stuff.

in the post:

1.planet related stuff

2.ship related stuff

3.game play related stuff

4.softwear related stuff

-------------------------------------------------------------

ok, first of all, planets

so the other day i was watching discovery channel, a program about outer space, and i was thinking "there are so much types of planets in the universe!". so, i thought i would suggest some of the planets i thought about

1.Volcanic planets (like mercury)

2.ocean planets

3.gas planets

4. rocky planets

5.jungle planets

6.planets that have rings

7.planets that have moons

now, a nother thing that i was thinking about is the planets size and gravity wich i think should be different from planet to planet.

also i was thinking about different planets location compared to the sun, wich means that ice planets will be ferther away from the planet and that desert planets will be closer to the sun, and the earth ones and purple ones could be some where in the middle

now a nother thing is, i want air locks to be needed in the game, because i want different atmospheres, so lets say you landed on a planet that has a toxic atmosphere, and then once you exit your ships airlock you will have something like 10 mins to be on the planet before you start dieing, in that case you will need to run back into your ship and get inside the airlock (i want the airlock to be a block, i will discuss it later on).

another thing when it comes to planets is generated structures, what i want is a type or a few types of generated structures for different planets some more rare then the others, i thought of a few ideas

1.earth planets = abandond houses, abandond citys(RARE), caves with drawings(not so rare, but still rare)

2.ice planets = old frozen tents that have a hanging light(off) inside them and a plex chest too(rare -ish)

3.mars planets = a human face on the surfece(rare), giant mushrooms(2-3 per planet)

4.desert planets = small mining outposts that will contain 1-2 plex chests (rare)

5.and i was hoping for colonized planets that can be either Pirate or TradingGuild, in case of a pirate planet i will automaticly deploy a raiding party when you get too close and it will have 10-12 big turrets on them, the raiding party will be about 5 ships, and once you defeated the planet there will be awesome loot on it.

now as for trading guild planets, they will have a nice docking space and could be used as a shop with very high stocks, ofcource shooting the planet 3 times will make the planet dispatch a fleet of fighters against you

this is all as far as planets go.

--------------------------------------------

now this is the part where i talk about the ships, or more about the blocks they are made of i had a few ideas i would like to share

1.airlock block- this block will be placed down ONLY in an seald area between 2 doors, it will be used to explore planets that have a toxic atmosphere, or in order to exit your ship into outer space, it will depend on your space suit(ill talk about that in the gameplay section) type how long you can last without an airlocked ship or space station.

2.hack-beam - this it a block like salvage cannons AM cannons missiles, etc it will be used to "hack" ship cores and faction moduels, and it will benefit from grouping in the way that the speed of the hacking beam will be faster, i want this beam to use a LOT of energy,now, 1 block of a hack beam will take 5 mins to hack a ship core and 7 mins to hack a faction block, if you hack a ship core succesfully the player inside the ship will be ejected out of the ship and wont be able to come back for like 1 minute BUT the beam will only work if it hits an exposed ship core or faction block, as for faction blocks when hacked they will reset theire faction for 1 minut in that minute you will be able to get inside the base manualy and overide the faction block to your own faction, again only works if block is exposed

3.tractor beam - so i was reading the planned features and it said "creatures" and imedietly, i rememberd Spore where you can suck animals from planets into your inventory, this beam will benefit from grouping as in the more beams in a group the faster it kidnaps poor little creatures, now when the creatures are in your inventory they will apear as Something DNA wich can later on be placed down where ever the creature can live wich means you cant place it on an asteroid or on a toxic planet, but you will be able to place it inside an air lock

thats all as ships go, NEXT!

----------------------------------------

gameplay!

this will be in a form of a list

1. you will start the game by spawning not near a shop but inside an air locked space station then you will have to exit the space station with your low lvl space suit and build your ship and only then find a shop

2.you will not be suffucating in side a ship core so you will not need an air lock on a starter ship

3.all space stations will have an air lock on them

4.there will be different lvls of pirates all the way from tiny scout ships to mother ships

5. there will be different grades of space suits all will be able to buy at shops, the higher the space suit grade the longer you get to live without an air lock

6.if you sell stuff constantly to shops(items like hull minerals and plants) the trading guild will consider becoming your allies and will help against pirates(you will need to sell a LOT of stuff the reach that)

thats all i could think of right now as game play goes

NEXT

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

softwear - this is a very short one all i want is to add in an option of a JoyStick to be connected to the game cuz i wanna fly a ship with a joystick not with a key board

sorry for bad grammar

END

Reaction score
    I only like the last suggestion a lot, can\'t wait to try out the game with a joystick properly.

Reaction score
    love your planet ideas. I will really like to see different size planet, gravity, moons, gas giants and what not. As for the game play, Airlocks and spacesuit im sure will be emplimented in later on. The pirate Idea is neat would love to see more with done them (same with trading guild).

FYI Mercury is a barren hot planet. Jupiter\'s moon Io is volcanic and maybe fit you example better.