Just a thought

Reaction score
    I know we are probably a ways off before something like this is possible but you guys who are smarter than me should try to do this in Starmade.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Nope. Not possible in SM. I believe something *similar* to this is planned with shipyards, but until then, blueprints work very well.
    Edit; thought this was in suggestions or something. A mod for this would be interesting, but I'm not sure that it's even entirely possible to mod in yet.

Reaction score
    Nope. Not possible in SM. I believe something *similar* to this is planned with shipyards, but until then, blueprints work very well.
    Edit; thought this was in suggestions or something. A mod for this would be interesting, but I'm not sure that it's even entirely possible to mod in yet.
    Yea I kindof figured that was the case but wanted to throw this out there regardless. What are you referring to about shipyards? I haven't seen anything on that.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Yea I kindof figured that was the case but wanted to throw this out there regardless. What are you referring to about shipyards? I haven't seen anything on that.
    I remember that shipyards, or stations, are planned to be able to automatically make blueprints with blocks you feed into them. I don't remember what dev q and a it was is or where to find that info though, sorry.

Reaction score
    A station type structure where you construct ships rather then they just appear out of thin... space...

In concept, since blueprints were switched to needing materials instead of credits, you would construct this space and you would plot in your blueprint and materials, and a ship would be constructed.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Might be able to do that with shipyards, since you would need to put the BP into a shipyard block for it to build iirc. If blueprints can be pulled from storage by another storage and the shipyard block via logic, it'd be doable ingame. Could poke a dev and see if they plan or have considered such a thing (could lead to automated shipyards as well).