Just a though about camera's

Reaction score
    I was thinking it would be very cool to use cameras in the master, slave sort of way. To be able to select the Ship core as Master and Camera as slave when you want to use it for veiw when flying. And to use a Display screen as a Master and again Camera as Slave to see the veiw of the camera on the Display screen. This could be used for crew to veiw other parts of the Ship/Station, watch over the prison quarters, check the halls to see whose boarding in a propper fashion. . . or whos raiding. Anywho, just a though!

Reaction score
    I like it. I think the camera system needs some kind of overhaul anyway.
    But:
    And to use a Display screen as a Master and again Camera as Slave to see the veiw of the camera on the Display screen.
    I doubt this will happen: rendering another viewpoint of the same scene in realtime is really hard on hardware resources. You basically need double the power you need now, because, well, you render the game two times. (If I'm wrong, I want this implemented ASAP.)

Reaction score
    But:

I doubt this will happen: rendering another viewpoint of the same scene in realtime is really hard on hardware resources. You basically need double the power you need now, because, well, you render the game two times. (If I'm wrong, I want this implemented ASAP.)
    I doubt it scales that way, just consider how much resolution impacts frame rate. In-game displays probably wouldn't need to render 1080p at 120 FPS all the time; they could be low resolution as well as low frame rate, or even adaptively scale resolution and FPS depending on how close the player camera is.

Also, a search on keywords "camera" and "display" might bring up a relevant thread or five... ; )

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    I could see you entering a command on the display [surveillance] where it acts like using the arrow keys to switch between cameras you just wouldn't be able to pilot ship from it.

-place display block
    -enter [surveillance] into the display block
    -link cameras to that display that you want it to have access to using c and v
    -now press whatever context key while looking at display and you can view from those cameras and switch between them by pressing the left and right arrows

Make cameras nameable and have them display that name in the screen corner as you look through them.

Also these links:
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/linking-camera-and-display-block.8339/
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/display-module-ideas.7247/

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Make cameras nameable and have them display that name in the screen corner as you look through them.
    Spot on. I think this would be the biggest help for cameras. Maybe add a drop down menu to select the camera by name like inventories.

Reaction score
    -Ah, I had wondered if it had been brought up before. And I do really like your idea of having the veiw screens in the "flight" veiw! So you could have and almost 360 veiw, or at the least a rear veiw.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443081084,1443080728][/DOUBLEPOST]
    But:

-First off Thanx :) just though I'd share. Yet I feel the same way, it would be so awesome to see boarders and seal them in corridors. It would (most likely) not be able to be done. . . But fingers crossed lol