Jungle Planets

Exozen

C-D SOLDIER
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    A new jungle planet type adding LoD Bamboo, Ferns, and Lillypads (and ponds for them to generate on) for interior decorating and gardens. Not to forget large jungle trees!

The bamboo would probably have to be two blocks, one leafless and one leafy.

It can be added whenever planets get looked at again, I guess.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    My problem with planets is just how hard it is to comfortably land a ship of any size on a planet. Planets are so small that even ships of modest dimensions can dwarf a planet hex. That's if they can land at all - the terrain is typically so rough on a planet that there's no way to properly settle on the surface. So, while I like the idea of adding more biome diversity to planets, anything that makes it even harder to land and explore them seems counter to the direction the game should be heading.

Reaction score
    My problem with planets is just how hard it is to comfortably land a ship of any size on a planet. Planets are so small that even ships of modest dimensions can dwarf a planet hex. That's if they can land at all - the terrain is typically so rough on a planet that there's no way to properly settle on the surface. So, while I like the idea of adding more biome diversity to planets, anything that makes it even harder to land and explore them seems counter to the direction the game should be heading.
    don't forget when your scout ship falls into the planet core...