Jumping and shift+jumping

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Just a quick suggestion... You probably shouldn't be able to jump more that one block up by default. However, perhaps by pressing shift and jumping, you could go as high as you can now (With a cooldown if you're on a planet)

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    +1 jumping is definitely to high right now. Currently I think it's four high on planets and stations, needs to be at least half that. Maybe if we ever had moons or something like that it could be more, but right now; less.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I get the whole have everything configurable approach, but I think that this is one of the things that needs to be locked down. I know that I would hate it if the server forced me to use a certain mouse sensitivity, or a certain key binding, etc.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I get the whole have everything configurable approach, but I think that this is one of the things that needs to be locked down. I know that I would hate it if the server forced me to use a certain mouse sensitivity, or a certain key binding, etc.
    Jumping is part of a gameplay mechanics while mouse sensitivity isn't :)

Before we get a jetpack, i want this high jumping to stay, after that it may be that 1 m or different height on different sized planets or whatever :)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Unless we get jetpacks/rocket boots/grappling hooks, the jump height needs to stay as is.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Key bindings and mouse sensitivity are personal preferences, so that's silly. However, jump height is a good thing to have variable... RP servers can have semi-realistic (Minecraft) gravity, "creative"/build servers can have unlimited 100-block shift-jumps if they want, and random people wanting ~6-block-max normal jumps can keep those, too.

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Realistic, there's that word again. If you want realistic, go outside, it has better graphics, but it's too bad the gameplay isn't very fun.

Right now, I feel that the player mechanics need to be reworked considerably. It's tedious to move around when you are not in a ship, and have you tried moving forward while looking straight down? schema will need to spend some time on them in one of the patches eventually.

Last edited by a moderator: