Jump platform

Reaction score
    So, in my tiny Grey wolf I tried to make it to a planet. (silence) since that didn't work... I have decided to try to make a jump harness. Basically, it would be a ship that would only have a dock on it and a working jump drive. The idea would be for me to Dock the gray wolf on it and take it through hyperspace, undock gw1 and then mine, hitch back on and get back to base. Any ideas?

D

Deleted member 433088

Basically a jump carrier, but only for a single passenger? It might work, yeah, but don't forget it'll be a sitting duck if you get attacked while mining.
    The point of this is making a kind of "modular ship" where each module is specialized and therefore more efficient than a single ship with both functions together, right? Sounds interesting, gonna have to try it.

Reaction score
    Exactly my inspiration
    [DOUBLEPOST=1422125481,1422124512][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Basically a jump carrier, but only for a single passenger? It might work, yeah, but don't forget it'll be a sitting duck if you get attacked while mining.
    The point of this is making a kind of "modular ship" where each module is specialized and therefore more efficient than a single ship with both functions together, right? Sounds interesting, gonna have to try it.
    I don't want to sound like a poop head but the server I play on, I usually the only on when I get off of work and such so I can't hitch a ride with one of them. They have plenty of money and stuff, but I am really limited to where I can go. So, can only get back to the main store which hardly ever has anything. I figure i would use the same trick I am using with the radar jammer with the pad. I am just cemented to these two spots and I am getting stir crazy is all.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1422125717][/DOUBLEPOST]Plus I am going to need the power on my main ship to mine, and salvage or I would have added it to my gray wolf. (it can go where my cannon computer is. :)

D

Deleted member 433088

Exactly my inspiration
    [DOUBLEPOST=1422125481,1422124512][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I don't want to sound like a poop head but the server I play on, I usually the only on when I get off of work and such so I can't hitch a ride with one of them. They have plenty of money and stuff, but I am really limited to where I can go. So, can only get back to the main store which hardly ever has anything. I figure i would use the same trick I am using with the radar jammer with the pad. I am just cemented to these two spots and I am getting stir crazy is all.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1422125717][/DOUBLEPOST]Plus I am going to need the power on my main ship to mine, and salvage or I would have added it to my gray wolf. (it can go where my cannon computer is. :)
    I didn't mean to say you could just hitch a ride, I was just trying to get my head around your idea in simple terms :D I play SP so there's nobody around to hitch a ride with either hahaha. So far I had built the jump modules inside my mining ships, it had never occurred to me to build it in a separate ship. It might be quite useful, since the fact that I try and completely cover my ships' systems in armor means they turn out to be somewhat inefficient.

Reactions: Wolfskin75
    Reaction score
    I haven't run into pirates yet. I did help in an attack on a pirate station manning one of my friends MASSIVE turret of certain death ( not it's name) . They are feisty and I am trying my hardest to out think them. I am in collecting mode. I need Lots of the different material to start making a fighter or corvette, which I am dock gw1 on. Then I am start worrying about my first Frigate. Which...I have already started to plan . (think missiles... lot and lots of missiles. )

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I believe Crimson-Artist made something like this before, plus a cinematic trailer for it. He's actually made quite a few fantastic cinematic trailers (including a fan-trailer that is, imo, almost equal to the official one)