Jump Inhibitor questions

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    1) Will jump inhibitors stop a ship traveling through the sector that has already made the jump?

2) I built a jump inhibitor on my station but can't figure out how to turn it on. Will it currently work on stations?

3) When I turn on the inhibitor it drains my jump charge also. Is there any way to have it only affect other factions?

4) Can multiple ships all turn on their inhibitors in the same sector and have a cumulative affect?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    1) If you mean the inhibitor is at 2 2 5 and a ship jumping from 2 2 2 to 2 2 8 will get stopped in that area, no.
    2) Sorry, haven't tested and likely won't test for a while
    3) Unfortunately I'm also unaware if this is possible. I assume jump inhibitors draining ALL ship as opposed to enemy ships is a balancing decision, and I personally find it a fun strategic option to build around.
    4) Yes. Cumulative fun.

Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Additions to the answers TheFloorMatt gave you:
    2) Logic should be able to activate an inhibitor on a station. Failing that, dock one to the station.
    3) There are options in the BlockBehaviorConfig for discharging friendlies and discharging yourself, both are on by default.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    4) I think so, I tested it, but I didn't look at the timing for it since my drive wasn't strong enough for one, but I got the message for both.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    I think someone mentioned you could link them to logic for stations but it would need to be tested out. It'd be fun to setup a minefield across a whole solar system just to slow down people and make them have to kill the things or fly slowly through a system. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Thank you for the responses. Having a docked ship with inhibitors onboard sounds like a good solution. I would really like to see the inhibitors prevent ships from jumping directly into my sector. This way ships can't jump past my defensive line of stations.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Like I said I'd just setup a field of small ships solely for Anti-jumping with some anti-fool defenses on them and spread them out to the range of the No Jump field. This way if you know how far people can jump on your server than you'll know how far out to spread the Jump Inhibitor ships. The only issue with this though is servers with crazy jump ranges so filly up the system you are in and the nearby ones should catch most people with their pants down. :)