Jump gates on Nav maps

Reaction score
    The visible lines from jump gates that appear on Navigation maps should only be visible to players with access to gates. Otherwise they become to easy for opposing factions to locate and disable. The gates themselves could still be discovered by a player coming within range of their regular navigational input if they are close or if they use a scanner at range.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    This should be a server setting.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Actually, shouldn't it be a gate setting? If you're trying to make a public gate, having it invisible defeats the purpose.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You're both right! Make visible gates a server option and if they are enabled then allow the gate owner to set visibility to public.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Already suggested. But despite the huge number of 'likes' and 'agrees', I guess they won't be making it, sadly.
    Something about encouraging player interaction. Sure, if you mean griefing. Which is what happened to my gate network every time I tried to set it up.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Actually, shouldn't it be a gate setting? If you're trying to make a public gate, having it invisible defeats the purpose.
    If it's a public gate it's going to be accessible to everyone, which according to the OP means it would also be visible to everyone.