Jump drive versus jump inhibitor??

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I know I post alot of questions But this is hurting my head so i just moved to a pvp server and jump inhibitors stop ships with a smaller reactor size so if my reactor is a 32 can a lvl 9 jump inhibitor stop me and also what is the range of this jump inhibitor and how dose it stop me is it from them shooting me are is it just a bubble??

Reactions: Dire Venom

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    i havent test power 2.0 jump inhibitors but they used to have a effective radius of about 2 sectors (think a 3d plus sign on the universe map). I believe that inhibitors still drain jump charge. again I havent had the chance to test them in power 2.0 so perhaps im wrong about some things here.

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    they're currently not discharging at all from what I've tried doing with them (installing on both ship with distance chamber & station tested twice for distance & strength, significantly larger than jump ships i was testing them on)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I wish that somone could give me a clear answer on how Jump inhibitors work with the new chambers

Reaction score
    I know im late here but for anyone else with this question the interdictor works depending on the target ships reactor level. For this reason inhibitor have to be incredibly powerful to work on battleships and large vessels.

With the inhibitor base its strength is 5 therefore any ship within range with a reactor level of 5 or less will be unable to jump. Each subsequent level of "strength" upgraded increases the inhibitors level by a further 5. so an inhibitor with the strength 1 upgrade will stop any vessel with a reactor level of 10 or less. At level 9 the inhibitor strength is 50 large enough to stop anything but flagships or vessels of similar caliber.

Last edited:
    Reactions: joshspaceboy
    Reaction score
    At level 9 the inhibitor strength is 50 large enough to stop anything but flagships or vessels of similar caliber.
    Very helpful! Don’t know any ship large enough to escape a level 9. My 1.6 km ship only has a reactor level of 42, and even then stabilization is almost impossible.