Joysticks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Honestly, I would love to be able to hook up my joystick and play Starmade with it, but I've run into some problems that caused it to not happen and I was curious if anyone else has this too.
    (If someone has found a way to make this possible, I will love you forever o_o)

I'm going to say that this is JUST for flight mode, not for astronaut mode. I feel it would just be more immersive if we can do it in flight mode only.

First off, there's throttle. I got this joystick with Flight Simulator X, so it has a speed throttle that is sensitive to how much input it is given. I'd love to be able to have it set forward and then just maneuver it every so often, or set it to be slow while I'm attempting to move alongside another ship that has a different speed cap than I do.

Next, there's the problem of direction only being controlled by your mouse. I think it would be pretty cool to have the option to switch this control to a joystick so that you can pull back to turn up, forward to go down, left to go left, and right to go right. I can already move physically left, right, up and down using four different buttons on the base of my joystick, but I cannot turn without using the mouse....

I can already execute weapons on the joystick, but what I can't do is scroll left and right on my hotbar via the side buttons. I'd love to be able to set moving left and right on the hotbar to two individual buttons I can press to swap between weapons and utilities.

Anyway, thats my wishes for joystick gameplay. Does anyone else agree?

Reactions: QuantumAnomaly
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I got a joystick for Kerbal Space Program about a month ago, and I totally agree. I would want to keep mouse and keyboard control tho, for build mode or astronaut mode, so I dont want to have a "single" control input device. I want to be able to use both at the same time, have throttle control, and toggle my HAT keys to be able to switch between cameras, docked ships, etc. Rebindable keys is a plus.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I was able to turn my ship with a flight stick, should be working fine.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'll check when I get home, bare in mind that it was crap, because it moves the mouse cursor, not the ship.
    Thats exactly what I want though o_o

I have the throttle lever and side buttons for actual movement ;)

Reaction score
    You might want to look at motioninjoy. It supports ds1-3, xbox and custom (whatever custom may be) and i've found it to work fine with most of my alternative controllers, it also means you can use the keyboard for player movement, and controller for flight as you can assign keyboard and mouse keys to buttons, as well as macros.
    Edit:
    heres the site http://www.motioninjoy.com/download

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You might want to look at motioninjoy. It supports ds1-3, xbox and custom (whatever custom may be) and i've found it to work fine with most of my alternative controllers, it also means you can use the keyboard for player movement, and controller for flight as you can assign keyboard and mouse keys to buttons, as well as macros.
    Edit:
    heres the site http://www.motioninjoy.com/download
    Currently I use Joy-to-key for macros and the like. I just need to know how to mind mouse movements and wish there was a speed sensitivity slider of some sort.

Reaction score
    Currently I use Joy-to-key for macros and the like. I just need to know how to mind mouse movements and wish there was a speed sensitivity slider of some sort.
    it has a mouse movement ratio slider in options, but that's if you assign the x and y axis to the mouse x and y, the program doesn't support that many device though so i wouldn't be too surprised if it doesn't work.