Joystick Support

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I believe that the game should have some form of support for Joystick control. Just a thought. I mean, your flying a ship, and you can't get much more control then using a Joystick.

Reaction score
    I think in order for this to work properly ships would need to move like real aircraft. At the moment ships can strafe sideways and up/down at max speed, so a joystick would give a disadvantage. Maybe if strafing movement became a lot slower (like 10% max speed so it could only be used for parking manouveres) a joystick could be a good way of piloting a ship. Also, it may be a little impractical for flying Titan-class vessels.

Apart from that, I would love to use a joystick to pilot a ship, especially in a dogfight situation.

2hu

Reaction score
    Why not have the ship fly like a spacecraft might, and not an aircraft

We already have joystick control though, for pitch and yaw. We just have thrust in all directions.

Maybe thrusters should be oriented in a certain direction to provide thrust in that direction?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You can use Joy To Key to assing your controller to keyboard and mouse tasks. And if you have a ps3 controller use Motion Joy to activate it first. This game is more of a mouse and keyboard game though.