Join the Stellar Express! [Competition]

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    EDIT: Contest closed due to lack of interest

Hello everyone and welcome to the Stellar Express competition!

I want to make an epic space train, but I only have this lovely engine here.

I need some train cars for this engine to pull, and I'd like to see yours! For the next few weeks I will take train cars submitted by you and do a video review of them every Monday. I will choose a few to be added to the train and one will win 'Best in Show' each week so you can brag about that to your friends.

You can make anything you want as a train car, as long as it follows these simple rules.

1. The submissions must be built on this Train Car Base
    2. They must not be built in a way that prevents coupling to other cars or covers up the wheels. (More info here)
    3. They must be uploaded to the starmade dock and a link to the page put in this thread.
    4. Nothing overly offensive, crude, or rigged to explode.

I don't have any prizes to give beyond a showcase in the weekly videos. The contest will run until the train reaches 25-30 cars or lack of interest makes me shut it down. If you want to write up some background or lore on your car when you submit it then go for and I may read some of it in the video review.

When the train is done I will upload the entire thing for everyone to enjoy.

Last edited:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ok, what if I build one with over-extending sides. lets say 10m taller and wider (above the train car base)?

Just curious if we are supposed to keep the boundary box size in width and height close to your images.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Ok, what if I build one with over-extending sides. lets say 10m taller and wider (above the train car base)?

Just curious if we are supposed to keep the boundary box size in width and height close to your images.
    You can build up and to the sides as much as you want (within reason) I mainly want to make sure that everything can connect to each other without incident.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Nothing overly offensive
    So, when you say "offensive," do you mean "rude" or do you mean "having weapons"? Because I'd love to make a segment of a War Train.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    This contest is gone, but not forgotten. For fun, I made a linked set of three cars. Two unfurnished passenger cars and one cargo car.

3-Car Train Segment For Xacktar's Train Car Base
    Those are really cool! I may find a use for them, actually. I still want to use the space train for something.

So, when you say "offensive," do you mean "rude" or do you mean "having weapons"? Because I'd love to make a segment of a War Train.

I meant 'rude.' Train cars with awesome turrets would have been great. Sadly, I cancelled the contest when it looked like no one had any interest in it.

Reaction score
    I love this train engine. I know a few people from the Starmade Brierie Server would love to have a .sment file download of the Train Engine. Is that possible for you to upload the train engine to starmadedock.net or to this thread so people could download it?

That is mostly all.

Admiral_Kirk

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I love this train engine. I know a few people from the Starmade Brierie Server would love to have a .sment file download of the Train Engine. Is that possible for you to upload the train engine to starmadedock.net or to this thread so people could download it?

That is mostly all.

Admiral_Kirk
    Stellar Express

Here ya go. Enjoy!