Jath's big list of suggestions!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'm sorry if I repeat any other suggestions, but I didn't want to send this stuff in a bug list.

1. Player orientation/relation to core
    • When a player grapples to a ship, ungrapples, changes gravity, or otherwise, the orientation should remain the same. It is a pain looking for an object I was just looking at when I leave grapple area, or enter it, etc.
    • When player leaves a core, they should automatically be placed in the exact same position they were in when they entered it, facing the same direction they were while they were flying the ship. The player's physical entity should remain in that position to keep others from building over it. This way, the player doesn't get ejected from the ship with the door on the opposite side.
    • When player leaves a core, they should automatically be "grappled" to the ship they are in. In real space, you don't suddenly stop because you left your ship. It would keep you from loosing your ship if you accidentally pressed R in flight, or just flying through the walls
    • Docking a ship should reassign grapple to ship on which it docked, not necessarily orientation however.
    2. Weapon Prefab items.
    This is a really crazy idea, but it may be really cool too. The idea is that you enter a special build mode with a "connector block" and you build yourself a weapon system using 3 computers, and as many weapons blocks, armor, shields, and power as you want. however many blocks you used is how large the weapon will be when it's done (space taken up). Now here's the cool part, the build mode will give you a 3x3x3 cube of space PER BLOCK to build the LOOKS of the weapon. You simply place which blocks go where, and when you're done, it's shrunken down to the original size. Viola, you have weapons that LOOK AWESOME and take up less space, but still are just as vulnerable as the fewer block version. Each 3x3x3 block will have a central block inside it, which is one of the blocks you built the actual gun with. When a block is destroyed, that single block is gone. The functionality will be exactly the same, but it will improve the way weapons look. Plus, you can have the weapon in your inventory, copy it, give it to other players, etc. When you place the weapon, it will attack at the "connector block in the location you place it, and only if there's enough room. (it will give you a box). It will also allow for more modularity.
    3. Personal Weapons inside enemy ships.
    Unlike others, I don't think personal weapons should penetrate shields. What I think should happen is that a personal weapon should override doors after X number of damage (instead of destroying them), and temporarily disable things like computers, and boot players out of the core. If there are no shields, then the normal destruction should still take place though.​

4. Plex door wedges and colored doors(enough said?) lol

5. Hull Half Blocks (perhaps with tapered edges so you only need 1 new block, not 5)
    half block.png This would enable more design on hulls without giving up protection, or requiring MORE armor for increased weight. I've had dozens of applications for these in my builds.

6. Plex lifts
    • Activation blocks should only send the lift between the blocks that are activated. This will enable several buttons on each level for each other level, and even a "Call button" if you have only 1 block selected.
    • Also, the platform itself should remain much longer when stopped, or until the lift is activated again. This will stop falling, and the need of surfaces to get pushed through.
    • Flipping the lift upside-down should reverse the direction of the lift, eliminating the need for a different fall tube to each floor.
    • Lifts should move faster.
    • Should be allowed on ships (I know, I know)
    7. AI (NPCs and Ship AI)
    • NPCs should be able to preform tasks, such as repairs, while not under fire. The NPC should immediately retreat to a designated area upon the ship being attacked.
    • NPCs should be given a pass-phrase. If the NPC encounter's a player who is not his employer, he should ask for this pass-phrase. The wrong Pass-Phrase should result in aggression.
    • AI ships should be able to follow a player ship
    • AI ships should be able to to re-dock at the last docking point (if available) upon command.
    • AI ships should return to a designated area once battles have halted.
    • AI ships should be ordered to stay within X meters of a designated area or ship, attacking enemies only if they enter the area.
    • AI ships should be able to travel to a sector destination independently, with a "stop if player leaves ship " check mark (default), so the player can walk around the ship mid-flight, but if he falls overboard, the ship will wait for him.
    8. Astronaut mode.
    • There is no up or down in space. Let us orient astronauts like we fly ships when there is no gravity.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I totally agree with point 1 , 4 and 6 they would all be good improvements to the game

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    There is no up or down in space. Let us orient astronauts like we fly ships when there is no gravity.
    All players share the same "floor" though so why would we need that?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    There's plenty of reasons, the least of which is that's how reality works.
    Without being able to reset the orientation, a lot of people will hate that.

Reaction score
    I like the astronaut idea. There should be a modifier key though to lock it to the current look around & turn method (probably ctrl).

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Ooh, here's one I forgot... A freakin' FLASHLIGHT!. If there's no light blocks, and you're in a dark room of someone else's faction, you're screwed. It could be put on the fabricator device so you don't need to add an item, and you could find a button that isn't used in astronaut mode, so it could toggle the light.

- Navigation
    • We should be able to see a list of the last few nav coordinates we entered, and have the option to save them with a description.
    • You should be able to recall all owned ships to your faction's home base. (so long as their core didn't overheat since the last time they were entered by your faction)
    -personal weapons
    • shotgun, with about half the cool-down of a sniper. I'm thinking, 5 damage per projectile, with 20 or so projectiles total spread out about 2x2m at 15m
    • Also, switching weapons really should have a slight cool-down. I don't know anyone who can shoot a pistol, rifle, and rocket launcher within .5 seconds of each other. I"m thinking 1.5 seconds or so, that's about my fastest transition time with a real rifle/pistol.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    NUBMER THREE! YOU GENIUS! THAT'S A GREAT IDEA! Oh, and eight. :D

Support.[DOUBLEPOST=1411739690,1411739659][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, just noticed, flashlight? YES!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    -Navigation/orientation
    • We should have a wire frame box in the corner of our HUD that has different colored sides (RBG). This box will rotate according to our orientation in space with one side of the box corresponding to galactic north, and the other sides of the box facing their respective directions.
    -Universal Database
    • A universal database for things like stars should be added. Players should be able to add static entities to the database. There should also be a faction database that lists various ships classes, all player editable.
    • few more, but got to go right now.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    -factions, Faction classifications and sub factions.
    • The current faction hub is really pretty much useless. It would be nice to organize the factions into categories. Each faction could define thier primary purpose such as mining, material defense, research, etc. They could be classed as pirates (there would be multiple pirate factions) or fugitives if they were aggressive vs large numbers of people randomly. This would make the game more role play suitable as well as being useful for various economy functions.
    • Sub factions. A faction should be able to join another faction as a whole. One faction would be the master faction, and each sub faction would be able to be part of the main faction the same as now. If a sub faction wants to leave the main faction though, they can. That way, you won't be so torn between abandoning your home base of you're in your own faction, and it would consolidate the total number of factions on the hub so there's not so many single player factions.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1411889586,1411888171][/DOUBLEPOST]Alien races
    • Terrans would have a long knife to use in hand to hand combat that would slow the victim and cause bleed damage.
    • Terrans would be able to manufacture a new type of thruster that is more efficient.
    • Bugs would have a sting ability that would paralyze the victim for a couple seconds, and then after 15 seconds or so, the stinger will explode for 25 damage.
    • Bugs would be able to make better shields that and a 5% feedback pulse at the firing block. The feedback only happens above 90% shielding.
    • Lizards people would have a tounge luck attack that poisons the victim causing them to attack slower and causes them 25 damage over time
    • Lizards can make a new type of weapon, green plasma bursts that basically act like Amcs, but are wider so they hit more blocks and do 5% more overall damage. When set as slave, they cause a wider beam, amc, or 3 rockets that fly in tandem, or a larger pulse, along with 50% of the amc slave's rapid fire effect. The beams hit 4 blocks at a time instead of 1.
    • Wolfs would have a bite causing 15 damage that can momentarily turn you into a wolf and make you his slave before your suit automatically administers the antidote which causes 10 damage. During this time, you will shoot at anything your master shoots at.
    • Wolfs can build a special reactor unit that is more efficient and adds power in strings that can overlap and spiral rather than needing to increase box size. Each reactor block would only be able to connect to 2 other reactor blocks to maintain efficiency, allowing for more compact builds.
    Each alien species would be able to trade thier native wares, but the trade federation won't license experimental technology so you cannot buy or sell it at shops.