It's time for Starmade to implement what it has always needed!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Yay for clickbait titles!

Ladders!

And Stairs blocks!

That is all.

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I agree on the ladders, don't think stairs are needed, we have slabs to create stairs.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Meh, I could go for stairs. Really just wedges with some chunks taken out.

Don't need steps that are 3 feet deep.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Blah to ladders, turbo lifts are were its at. Great way to make combination elevator/escape pod/crew ejector.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Blah to ladders, turbo lifts are were its at. Great way to make combination elevator/escape pod/crew ejector.
    Yeah because I want to faff around with logic to get a simple box to move up and down. Imagination man! Do you have any? Imagine the possibilities ladders would open for smaller builds with interior!

Reaction score
    What happens if you loose power? How would you move about with out ladders/ If nothing else it would be great RP. What about using it on a ventral or dorsal airlock?

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Click-bait indeed, well played!

Ladders: yes ...overdue.

Stairs: meh.

Turbo lift: sure...just as soon as it can be made go faster than wading through molasses in January. :mad: ( Oh, great...turbo-lift ride, I think I'll check my e-mail...have a smoke...finish that Russian novel I just started.) Whats the emoticon for wizened up old corpse?

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Yes to ladders, yes to stairs.

I don't know about you, but ramps are an enormous pain in the ass to climb. Have you ever tried to walk up or down a 45 degree slope before? Because I can tell you it's no piece of cake. Even if you have perfect traction, the angle utterly trashes your endurance because your muscles are not meant to move that way.

Give us stairs. Please. Metal grille stairs and hull stairs at least. Heck, make them a subset of wedges like slabs are to normal blocks if you can.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I build lifts in everything, or just leave gravity out on what I don't. Might use them for decoration though.

Turbo lift: sure...just as soon as it can be made go faster than wading through molasses in January. :mad: ( Oh, great...turbo-lift ride, I think I'll check my e-mail...have a smoke...finish that Russian novel I just started.)
    Have you tried shootout rails sped up? I have a station I'm working on, trying to iron out the bugs in a system that launches the car to the next floor so it's much faster. It is much faster, but somehow my lift car turns upside-down on me. Still working on that part...

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Saber keeps saying no to stairs for some reason. No clue why, I've tested that the LOD system supports wedge collision boxes which is all this would need.

And yes to ladders.

Reactions: nightrune

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Why not ladders and 45' tipped ladders? They would both use the same texture, look good together, and one works as a 45' stair!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    I build lifts in everything, or just leave gravity out on what I don't. Might use them for decoration though.

Have you tried shootout rails sped up? I have a station I'm working on, trying to iron out the bugs in a system that launches the car to the next floor so it's much faster. It is much faster, but somehow my lift car turns upside-down on me. Still working on that part...
    I'm being aware of space here. Smaller builds with interior might not have the space for lifts and the logic needed.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Stairs will also have a side effect of being a decoration block that will more closely match slabs than wedges currently do, allowing for more "coherent" angles on ships with slabs. Essentially, a "slab" wedge.

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Saber keeps saying no to stairs for some reason. No clue why, I've tested that the LOD system supports wedge collision boxes which is all this would need.
    I have not ruled out stairs, but I keep having to shorten my answers when you bring them up every single day. The long answer is: Stairs are a possibility for the future, however there are currently bigger features being worked on and made a priority. Things which are quick to make are exceptionally easy to add later when I have some downtime, but I'm currently working on multiple projects which don't allow the time to implement a new block to walk on.

Ladders are also possible, but it's up to Schema if he would want them in-game and when he might have time to implement them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'm being aware of space here. Smaller builds with interior might not have the space for lifts and the logic needed.
    That's when I go zero-G. Frees up even more space by not even needing a gravity block or stairs.