Recognized by Council Its science!

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Now that we got 3d models implemented (awesome console btw) it got me thinking. Most of the ships I build are not purely combat orientated. Far from it actually. I usually go for a more roleplay and exploration kind of style.

This ties in with the 3d models. I would like to see more models implemented that would add functionality to the ship. I want to have a reason to go to the brand spanking new science lab I build on my ship, activate a console and get some useful information on some stellar object I’m exploring.

I want to go to the ships infirmary and treat my injuries in a meaningful way. Perhaps have some sort of medic procedures or the creation of medical supplies.

Perhaps even interaction with plants. Grow your own food? Hydroponics lab or perhaps planet farming.

The above examples would add a lot of live to the universe I think outside of combat. I want my ships to be more than engines to cart the biggest gun around.

Reactions: BJammin
    Reaction score
    The above examples would add a lot of live to the universe I think outside of combat. I want my ships to be more than engines to cart the biggest gun around.
    The day starmade will achieve this, it will pass to a next level ! And holly molly it's in a good way to ! :rolleyes:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    The pieces need to fit the Starmade Style though. I already feel like the pipe feels off.

Reaction score
    The pieces need to fit the Starmade Style though. I already feel like the pipe feels off.
    Funny. I think the console feels like it takes a bit getting used to, but the pipe is the logical successor to capsules as design elements. Here's looking forward to new plant models. And when more 3D models make it in, the consoles too won't look out of place anymore.

BJammin

Part-Time Eldritch Abomination
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Now that we got 3d models implemented (awesome console btw) it got me thinking. Most of the ships I build are not purely combat orientated. Far from it actually. I usually go for a more roleplay and exploration kind of style.

This ties in with the 3d models. I would like to see more models implemented that would add functionality to the ship. I want to have a reason to go to the brand spanking new science lab I build on my ship, activate a console and get some useful information on some stellar object I’m exploring.

I want to go to the ships infirmary and treat my injuries in a meaningful way. Perhaps have some sort of medic procedures or the creation of medical supplies.

Perhaps even interaction with plants. Grow your own food? Hydroponics lab or perhaps planet farming.

Yes! I'm not the only one who actually wants to do something on my ships! xD

Reactions: jayman38
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5

All of these suggestions are planned in some form or another.

The crew update will add functionality to sciency stuff, like medical bays or a dedicated lab or engineering.

The flora and fauna update will probably include some sort of interaction with biological matter, be it food or some other system.

I too feel as though ships are merely gun holders, and can't wait until they serve a function.

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    We'll definitely want our 3D models to have a purpose in the future, however for these first few that will be going in it's more of just to make sure the LOD system is working as intended, and to give players some more things to build with. I'd love to see science labs and research stations that would be useable, giving reasons to explore the universe.

As far as the designs go, you guys are more than welcome to discuss any concerns you have (I actually just started a thread for such a thing) but Kupu and I have been pretty careful so far to have blocks that fit into our plans for the aesthetics of StarMade. Not everything will be blocky (like minecraft) but we'd like to focus on a style with smooth faces and various angles to accent them while keeping a fairly bulky style. For instance every part of the new console is at least one quarter slab thick, to make building next to slabs more beneficial. :)

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    We'll definitely want our 3D models to have a purpose in the future, however for these first few that will be going in it's more of just to make sure the LOD system is working as intended, and to give players some more things to build with. I'd love to see science labs and research stations that would be useable, giving reasons to explore the universe.

As far as the designs go, you guys are more than welcome to discuss any concerns you have (I actually just started a thread for such a thing) but Kupu and I have been pretty careful so far to have blocks that fit into our plans for the aesthetics of StarMade. Not everything will be blocky (like minecraft) but we'd like to focus on a style with smooth faces and various angles to accent them while keeping a fairly bulky style. For instance every part of the new console is at least one quarter slab thick, to make building next to slabs more beneficial. :)
    I noticed that about the console sizes. Good job on that.

I’m looking forward to any additional functionality the objects can bring.

I mostly got a bit frustrated by the way ships often get classified by the amount of Dakka they can bring to the table.
    Sure fire power can be important but I want my ships to be more.

I want to build the next Enterprise out to explore the universe. Or the next Galactica limping its way to a new home.
    Ships with stories that people work and life in. More than just guns with engines strapped to them.

Reactions: Valck