• Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I set
    COLLISION_DAMAGE_THRESHOLD
    to 100.0
    But still 3 km/h is enough to take damage :/
    1 km/h = 1000m/3600s = ~0.28 m/s :p
    3km/h = <1m/s

If you have a ship with 1000 mass focusing on one block touching the planet at 3m/s, you have a force of
    3m/s = 3*3*10 N = 90N _per_ 1 mass
    90'000 Newton, not 100.​

The problem is that you always touch the planet with just 1 block.

Imagine a Plex-Spring/Feather group of blocks - they modify force from your ship and a group of other touching blocks (Hulls or Plex-Landers) used in collision calculations.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well there wasn't any good explanation how this setting works.
    It would be nice if there would be some block immune to collision or with high resistance, because it's impossible to land on planet right now.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Well there wasn't any good explanation how this setting works.
    It would be nice if there would be some block immune to collision or with high resistance, because it's impossible to land on planet right now.
    Just set the collision damage threshold higher, and use small ships to land. A shuttle shouldn't need to be made of more than a few hundred blocks at most.

Or, you know, just turn it off.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Changed to 9000. Built ship using 10 blocks, crashed while hitting shop at speed 3.

Reaction score
    What would you consider "small rubbish"? small dis-integrator blocks every now and then? :p
    Maybe if the mass of the object you hit is less that a certain percentage of your mass it would use up some of your shields without doing any damage to you.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I set it to 90 000 now. My ship was basically built from 10 blocks. Nothing changed.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    WOW, that is ... unexpected!
    crashed with 1 mass when it should support 100 (that really excludes all calculation errors with 1 vs 10 Newton and mass vs block count...)

How fast does map gravity accelerate you? If you bump of the ground (due to rotation caused by collisions) how fast does a block collide (even if rotation is only a fraction of a second?)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I set it to 90 000 now. My ship was basically built from 10 blocks. Nothing changed.
    Ok, something is clearly bugged here. Just for testing purposes, can you try setting it to something ridiculous like 900,000,000 and see if you still break at 3km/h? Then you should probably make a bug report.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    WOW, that is ... unexpected!
    crashed with 1 mass when it should support 100 (that really excludes all calculation errors with 1 vs 10 Newton and mass vs block count...)

How fast does map gravity accelerate you? If you bump of the ground (due to rotation caused by collisions) how fast does a block collide (even if rotation is only a fraction of a second?)
    I was flying towards shop, not planet :P With speed set at 3 ,,km/h".

Ok, something is clearly bugged here. Just for testing purposes, can you try setting it to something ridiculous like 900,000,000 and see if you still break at 3km/h? Then you should probably make a bug report.
    Changed it to 900,000,000. I still crash as driver of small ship at micro-speed.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    That setting should be clarified. Everyone know collision damage is still a work in progress. It is cool, But very, very, very unstable. I guess that's why schema said it was a work in progress. What I would like to see is that you can set the minimum speed required for things to do damage, and that up to a certain mass.